[Item Suggestion] Anti-CC elixir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

renticletape

10-19-2009

Team battles against a CC stacking team are frustrating and impossible to have anyone initiate without sacrifice. And any AOE CC just instantly dominates team battles when stacked. This makes the game very frustrating for tank players and initiators. Nunnu is a good example of an extremely frustrating champ to play because of the amount of CC in the game.

So right now, the only partial counters to CC stacking teams is banshee's veil, cleanse, and mercury treads. However, banshee's veil is even easier to counter (for example anyone with a spamable nuke can force it to proc before they CC you to dealth). Same thing with cleanse as after cleansing, you just get chain CCed to death leaving it useless. Mercury treads are also useful for breaking out of stun locks quicker, but does nothing against chain slows (frozen mallet and frost arrows). Not to mention it doesn't help you against blind or silence.

So as a counter to the unbeatable CC stacking teams, I propose the idea of adding an Anti-CC elixir. This item should be a simple consumable item that gives you a few seconds (maybe 4 or 5 seconds) of stun/root/slow/blind/silence immunity. It should cost about the same as the +stat elixir or the oracle elixir. Just enough so that it is affordable without breaking the bank, yet costly enough that everyone doesnt stack 5 of them for every team battle. Also maybe have a limit of carrying one or two at a time per item slot. That way it shouldn't render CCers completely useless, yet still be a viable counter to CC similar to wards or oracles are counters to stealth in that it forces your opponents to play smart and use their CC abilities more wisely in a team battle.

Brains

Adjudicator

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
It should cost about the same as the +stat elixir or the oracle elixir. Just enough so that it is affordable without breaking the bank, yet costly enough that everyone doesnt stack 5 of them for every team battle.
I'm pretty sure that they would be a must-have, pretty much no matter what the price. This item would be pretty game changing if it were introduced...I'm really not sure if i'm against the idea or not, but it certainly would screw a lot of things up. I'm pretty sure it would render cleanse useless and pretty much ruin a lot of things already in place. But I do agree something needs to be done about the amount of CC in the game right now. I'm just not sure if this is it.

renticletape

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains View Post
I'm pretty sure that they would be a must-have, pretty much no matter what the price. This item would be pretty game changing if it were introduced...I'm really not sure if i'm against the idea or not, but it certainly would screw a lot of things up. I'm pretty sure it would render cleanse useless and pretty much ruin a lot of things already in place. But I do agree something needs to be done about the amount of CC in the game right now. I'm just not sure if this is it.
Well the issue is that there is no counter to stacking CC. There is easy counters to stealth, which effectively render stealth useless, counters to AP DPS and Physical DPS, and even newly introduced counters to tank builds. However, there is no really solid counter to stacking CC. CC is already game breaking. Any competent team with the most AOE CC wins the game. The only thing you can do is have a team comp with more CC to counter it otherwise team battles are pointless. Dota for example had many heroes with CC immunity abilties, as well as an item that gives you 5 seconds of CC immunity that can be triggered every minute. These items/hero's weren't must-haves, but effective counters against other heroes and abilities.

I'd rather see more interactive team battles rather than just a roflstomp fest of AOE ults while the entire team is stun locked/slowed to a halt for 10+ seconds.

Also, cleanse allows you to break out of CC. My idea for an elixir would be something you couldn't use if you were stunned or silenced like cleanse. That would make cleanse a good combo ability with the anti-cc elixir.

Kingreaper

10-20-2009

I think a complete neutralisation of CC is probably a bit much.

An elixir tht happens to have Mercury Treads style CC-resistance (maybe stacking with Merc, maybe not) and some other protective stats... could work.

Enduro

10-20-2009

I think that would ruin a lot of champions who rely on it to do anything, it would have to be fairly expensive or I would say rather then be completely invulnerable to CC effects, maybe do a 3 minute buff that has all CC effects cast only last 50% of the intended duration. All I do know is that the devs have to be careful if they do implement this item not to make it the unstoppable force.

Brains

Adjudicator

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingreaper View Post
I think thats what I was trying to say.

renticletape

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingreaper View Post
4 seconds would not be a complete neutralization. Also consider the suggestion that you would be limited to holding one at a time per item slot. If someone pops one of them, you could just wait it out and kill someone else. If an entire team pops them, just delay the team battle for 4 seconds before mass spamming the CC on the whole team. Basically, it would be a very tactical item as it could easily be wasted as you spent 300 gold for 1 chance that lasts only 4 seconds.

Or maybe instead of relying on spamming mass CC to win team battles, it would encourage more versatile team comps that have more tanks and damage dealers. Right now the general team comp is 4 aoe CCers and one ranged dps to pick off the mess while the whole team is CC locked for 10 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduro View Post
I think that would ruin a lot of champions who rely on it to do anything
A lot of champions who rely on not being CCed to do anything are already ruined by not having any way to counter mass CCers.

Bloog

10-21-2009

Being chain disabled is REALLY annoying... especially to someone who usually plays a tank such as myself. Last night I played a team with Amumu, Morgana, and Ashe. I tried to initiate in a team fight, got arrowed (from miles away of course), hit with dark binding, hit with Morgana's ult, bandage tossed by Amumu, then ulted by Amumu. 5 stuns in a row. It was pretty infuriating, and needless to say I died, but then I thought about it. I ate 3 ults along with a few CDs, leaving their team relatively defenseless. I think it was definitely a worthy trade.

CC in this game can be countered by good tanking and decisive play. That being said, your elixir idea still may be a good idea, but it also would have pretty devastating effects on the rest of the game balance.

Kingreaper

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
4 seconds would not be a complete neutralization.
4 seconds of complete neutralisation is still complete neutralisation. It's also a case of all-or-nothing which isn't very fun. Either you get it just at the right time, and nothing affects you, or you get it too early (and they stop) or you get it too late (and fail)

I don't see why this problem wouldn't be more elegantly solved by an Elixir with 50% or so CC reduction, which worked for 4 minutes.

It has less major balance implications, while still making stacked CC much less effective if combined into a full protective Elixir.

OctopusDropkick

10-21-2009

This is way too powerful and game stopping. Just enough to pop on a physical carrier to run out and gank without having to worry about CC control, a very important dynamic and the only thing balancing them out.