Laning TNT - How to

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronikor

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
is there an ideal time to back? The first back I mean.
I would have to say yes and no - as far as going first back at 6:00, 5:45, 7:00 and so on, the answer is no, different champions require different amounts of gold for their items - I like to plan out which item(s) I will be buying, farm the gold I need, then set up the back like # 6 describes.

It takes time to learn how many items to farm up for between backs and more importantly which ones to farm for lol. It is a balance that comes with skill and experience, I like to stay out in the field as much as possible though because that's where the work gets done. The less time in base the better in my opinion, but there's the exception for crucial items as below.

There is however an ideal time to back for every champion when it comes to obtaining certain items - when you get dat gold for dat BFS or dat BT if you're AD carry get your butt to base (as described in 6 if applicable), buy the item and start killing you're the damage!

So if you take my approach chances are you will find yourself going back at different times pretty much every time - but it's my opinion that this strategy provides the most safety and efficient lane management.

Dualimpact

03-16-2012

When you have low health and you are trying to b is it better to stay at your turret to b or move back to the next turret? Assuming your bot lane and your support is also low or already b.

Kronikor

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualimpact View Post
When you have low health and you are trying to b is it better to stay at your turret to b or move back to the next turret? Assuming your bot lane and your support is also low or already b.
The person who will come after you when trying to b at turret is the jungler - if you ward correctly you can usually see him coming and leave before he dives for you - the most annoying jungler that does this well is Shaco - he deceives in on you, shiv's and you die, he leaves lol

But as a general rule you will get ganked so few times while b'ing from turret in compared to how many times you successfully back that it doesn't make a change worth it, I think you would lose more time in the field in the long run if you ran back a turret every time you b'd, so just b from turret and watch those wards you should be fine a vast majority of b's.

Kronikor

03-18-2012

I am drunk...SO I POST!!! HHHAHAHAHAHAH

I Jedi I

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

very obvious things but also things you don't think about because they are so obvious,
thank you for the tips, very useful advice +1

Slashinghardest

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
is there an ideal time to back? The first back I mean.
I'd say the adeal time to back differs with each position, Ad carry I normally back when i can get a.bf sword and boots. Support I back when I need more wards out. Top if I need to go back I push to their tower so I don't lose too much xp and cs. Mid I back when Im around 100 hp and my jungler is near.

LegendGuide

03-19-2012

Bump cuz I like pie.

Treeloop

03-21-2012

This should only apply to normal blind pick games. Not ranked games.

Kronikor

03-30-2012

Bump - and tree yes while these pointers are directed at normies before they get into the ranked circuit - they highligh necessary tactics that are fundamental to success in ranked. These must be mastered first before you can work on the nuances of ranked play (ie. counterpicking, leaving lane at the right moment not to B, but to perhaps help your jungler steal a buff or counterjungle, perform dragon/baron with proper timing and actually use the buff correctly. All of which take experience and knowledge of the strategies in the OP.

Without those mastered, your meta game is suffering somewhere.