Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thanks Elo Hell. :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avinashdld

03-17-2012

Quote:
Kronikor:
I find the elo system heavily flawed....each game is worth less ELO - so if you go down, you have to win more games than you lost just to return to where you were started....this makes it nearly impossible to ascend the ladders after a high volume of games - I believe someone did the math and found that after 250 ranked games your elo is basically solidified - if you find this is the case, alt account is the best you can do...sorry....

After 250 games your elo reflects your ability. The reason its hard to move up is because it takes time to get better. All creating a new account would do is give you massive elo fluctuation at the start before you end up at the correct level.

NicholasWolfwood

03-17-2012

Quote:
avinashdld:
After 250 games your elo reflects your ability. The reason its hard to move up is because it takes time to get better. All creating a new account would do is give you massive elo fluctuation at the start before you end up at the correct level.

First account: 1.1k elo last season. Nothing but afkers for around 30 games.

My brothers account which I also played: 1.6k elo last season. Got lucky in the first few game and had no feeders / afkers.

No indication of my own skill whatsoever.

Im a mid GOD

03-17-2012

Quote:
Forealzies:
I didn't want to go into detail cause everyone says the same ****. Like, well you must be some kind of ****ty player if you're at such a low Elo and complaining about ranked. But in reality Elo doesn't leant really reflect the skill of someone. I'm really not a bad player, I'm Stuck carrying every game, and either have a troll or a feeder on my team. It just gets old after 200 games. I'm only 1450, but I know I could easily play with 1800s.

Wait until you actually get there. The game changes. It's not forgiving when you make a baby mistake, because it does cost you a game. 1450 you can run around with 6 tiamats and carry.

InfestorTerran

03-17-2012

Its working just fine. Since you are bad you vs bad people, Nuff said