@Morello, Revert Kayle as a bandaid fix

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neiat

10-15-2012

Any chance we could get an update on this? Is it still in the works? Cause I'd like Kayle to be more defined, rewarding, and I don't like relying so much on an ADC build.

Doctor Swole

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilige View Post
Idk why you guys want more Kayle remakes. In the right hands, she's an awesome carry/support hybrid... Remember when everyone wanted Ezreal buffs? I'd say Gangplank would need another remake before Kayle. He's such a problem no one knows what he is anymore. As a carry he blows up too easily. And as a TankyDPS, he's second fiddle to a lot of champs. He's still good, just has an identity crisis...and so does Pantheon and Xin.
guessing you never played kayle before.

what made her so cool before was that she felt like both a support-caster and a carry. her q actually felt like a nuke while her autos werent weak either.

basically she played like a hybrid and her skills mattered a lot. just like her autoattacks. playing kayle felt rewarding both for her autoattacks and her spells.

her playstyle is butchered. she's being played as an adc not like everyone intended her to be

Who is Sexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
And you haven't seen the results. It's VERY different.

And +1 cool guy points for saying stealth rework in a post.
Took 2 years. Expect a lot from 2 years of work
Think you should hire more competent people. The rework was a fail. Eve had to be buffed and Twitch is just lost in the Void of underplayed cause he can't jungle anymore and just sux overall

IS16ac70fce0d8ebbea8e0b

10-15-2012

Kayle is fine, l2p.

Omniance

10-15-2012

Kayle needs a new passive, her current one is completely and utterly terrible. It isn't even as good as most of the built in defensive reductions on other champions. For isntance Karthus' wall has 25% instant MR reduction, Poopkong's Q has 35% reduction, Darius gets passive Armor reduction at all times when leveling his E which equals between 5 and 25% built in reduction.

Meanwhile in Kayleville we have to attack the same target five times to get 15%.

I realize this is an old thread, but seriously, you guys need to do something about her. AP, AD, or Hybrid. Right now she's just drifting back and forth, and her E is still one of the most frustratingly poor designed abilities in the game.

Hofflerand

10-15-2012

Let me tell you a little about myself. I play this game pretty casually (it took me over a year to reach level 30 ^^). That said, I've been playing for over a year and the majority of that has been Kayle. I'm not terribly skilled, but I do my research and I I try to be a team player.

I've tried ADC top with Infinity's Edge and Phantom Dancer, jungling with a similar build but maybe a little more support oriented (Black Cleaver), AP mid with DFG, Lich Bane, and Rab's, and support with Aegis, Shurelya's, and more wards than you can count -- all this since the last set of changes. Not one role has been totally fulfilling. I always feel tier two at best, and tier two isn't fun when you're a mediocre player facing tier one.

So what's missing? Here are some things I noticed:

• Her passive seems really sh!tty to me. It only has use when playing ADC, and even then it's at best passable. It's not game-changing like that of Karthus or Anivia, five stacks seems a little high, it's not AoE, etc.
  • When playing ADC, her W is only good for the speed boost and can only be used sparingly due to its cost.
  • E may be overpowered if it was a toggled ability that drained mana, but it's definitely problematic with a 10 sec duration and 16 sec CD. ADC is Kayle's strongest role, but she doesn't get blue buff and CDR gear spreads her stats too thin. The result is when Kayle pokes in team fights or farms between other players poking, it's at the risk of not being ready to fight when the real battle begins.
  • Most tops and junglers are tanky. Once the game goes late, even if my team has a gold advantage, I often feel at a disadvantage because we struggle to get good initiates. This makes Kayle feel weak late game, or at least very dependent on team comp.
  • Kayle is fragile. She needs to get up close to deal damage, but isn't very good at escaping. All it takes to mess with her in a team fight is one bruiser screwing with her. If I ult myself against this, then there goes my one ace to have a big effect on the overall fight. If I stand at max distance and play defensive to ensure my ult is effective, then I'm not dealing much damage and might as well be playing support. Kayle's kit pulls her in different directions and there's really no right answer when it comes to positioning.
  • E, I guess because it's technically AoE, does no damage to towers. Kayle does as much damage to towers with melee. This is relatively minor, but annoying.

Those are all specific problems, and some may be intended weaknesses. I'm not suggesting to fix them all. I just wish my favorite champion was a little better, top tier at one role, any role. I don't want to be god level, at risk of being nerfed, but it'd be nice to see her banned once in a while.

DeathsTouch5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Hey look, another necro.

tempname1032

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Chainsaw to Kayle, and agreed it needs a lot.

I'm done pussyfooting around this champion when we work on her. No mercy for what's there, I want an awesome, Zealous angel champion.
Chainsawing Kayle? sounds great!