Does Demacia or Noxus have an airforce?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIGuardianII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Does Demacia or Noxus have an airforce? I mean you have people like corkie with the technology for flight.... just wondering...

mn

03-15-2012

the void does. I gave Kog'maw a jetpack.

okay, so he hovered around about two feet off the ground for two minutes. and he just had his arms and legs dangling. he couldn't control anything.

He ran into the nearest wall. it was adorable.

Kg Maw

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn View Post
the void does. I gave Kog'maw a jetpack.

okay, so he hovered around about two feet off the ground for two minutes. and he just had his arms and legs dangling. he couldn't control anything.

He ran into the nearest wall. it was adorable.
Woosh foosh! Kog'maw did the flyings! was fun times!

but then he bumped his head and fell down. Is okay though! Shala gives snuggles, makes much better.

belthazor3457

03-15-2012

Yes, they have an air force. But airpower is likely not a significant portion of either side's military due to the currently limited air technology, which is probably a fairly recent technological development. They do not have high-altitude aircraft and as such the tactical value of aircraft is smaller.

ThorRush

03-15-2012

Air force? Galio and Sorceress Lux v Swain, do it now (edit) also Shyvana. Yep, Demacia has an air force

On another note, the tactical value of aircraft is being able to strike from afar without retaliation. Corki's aircraft doesn't really let him do that.

The closest thing either side has used seems like Singed's chemical weapons and artillery. I also don't think Demacia and Noxus have been actively or officially ramping up their militaries since the League was founded.

Ryugi Kazamaru

03-15-2012

You don't need an airforce when you have magic to fill in the gaps in your attack power.

Fenix12345

03-16-2012

Aircraft seem like an extremely rare commodity in Runeterra, Zaun and Piltover have a miniscule ammount of airships and they're only used to one-up eachother science wise. I imagine at the moment an airship would be way too fragile and valuable to use in any sort of combat situation. Although if ways to apply large airships in warfare were found it would change wars considerably. Remember Singed's bio-artillery is, as it's name implies, artillery. They aren't designed to hit air targets, but rather hit long range ground targets and deal with the rest through collateral and splash damage. If Demacia started using airships, they'd be a lot harder to hit with Singed's weaponry. Similarly, Demacia's military are made up of a large portion of footmen and not a lot of artillery support. The use of air attacks by Noxus would play havoc with their defense. Air combat would change things considerably. The problem is air travel is dastardly complicated and rare candy.

Bandle City have in possesion a division of ROFL Copters (The vehichle Corki uses) but they are valuable and mostly used for scouting missions or direct city defense. They seem to have mastered the use of single man fighters, but they would never open an attack against anyone else unless severly provoked.

Bandle City would never sell their technology if they knew it would be used in wars, they're smarter than that. Piltover would refuse for the same reasons, not to mention considering the fact that the tight leash they keep on their tech is what keeps them ahead of Zaun and not a target of any other states. Zaun would maybe hire a few ships to Noxus, but the price and materials needed for it would be so high as to make the venture not worth it in the end.

We may see this technology put to use in the future, but right now it is likely too costly or difficult for anyone to contemplate.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

And yet we see Hextech Gunblades beginning to be mass-produced along with other firearms... warfare on Runeterra will never be the same, eh... or will it? One part of me wishes Luparis to throw technology on Runeterra back a few dozen years, but on the other hand it would involve severe casualties... besides, he's a jerk, and I'm not used to giving Runeterra to jerks.

No, South Noxus was just an accident.

Fenix12345

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
And yet we see Hextech Gunblades beginning to be mass-produced along with other firearms... warfare on Runeterra will never be the same, eh... or will it? One part of me wishes Luparis to throw technology on Runeterra back a few dozen years, but on the other hand it would involve severe casualties... besides, he's a jerk, and I'm not used to giving Runeterra to jerks.

No, South Noxus was just an accident.
Roarchat?

1Eredale

03-16-2012

Yes and no; firearms -are- in production lately, and the tale about Noxus during the Third Rune war is something different altogether.