Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lee Sin Support By Accident

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

notspencer

03-14-2012

It first happened to me in a ranked game by accident; our Mundo had last picked and said he was going to jungle, even though I had already said I was going to. I am not one to argue so I decided to support as Lee. I have a shield, good slows, and good harass; why CANT this work right??

Start with armor, vision ward, and a pot. Although its not terribly effective until lvl 3 when I can shield and kick, I usually end up leaving the lane phase up a tower and 0-0-3 at least. I steal ZERO creeps bot (like a good support), and am constantly harassing so that my ad carry can last hit everything while the opponents misses many.

As for the build, you build the same you would any regular lee sin; wriggles, banshees, atmas, etc...

Though I have only used this about 10 times, I have yet to lose with support Lee yet.

What are your thoughts on changing the stereotypical role of a champ? Lee has everything that makes a good support "good," minus the healing capability, which is easily remedied by taking heal. (Harass, slow, shield, and dat ult)

Tokinatoor

03-14-2012

I do same thing with Support Orianna.

E, W, Q.

Just shield ally, and press W when they need slow/speed boost

ZOMGTURTLE

03-14-2012

Lee does have all of the qualifications for a support during the laning phase, but what about later in the game? Lee doesn't really have a kit to be able to have a big impact on team fights with no gold. If he falls off sharply in his supporting as soon as you leave lane, you'll only win the games that your team absolutely rolls the other. In a close game, a true support like Soraka or Sona will continue doing their job and have a bigger impact on team fights, whereas all I can see Lee contributing is a small shield, a slow, and a displacer (and of course the ability to keep tabs on stealthies).

Stippy

03-14-2012

This is something I wuold like to try out and play around with.

Lee is inherantly powerful from his abilities, meaning even with sub optimal items (common of a support) he can be damageing to opponents.

HOG -> Boots 1 -> Wriggles -> Merc Treads This would not take too long and will bring you into the part of the game where a support tends to help lanes, share farm, and ward sweep. All of which lee can do.

Sure he wont be the initiator tank Lee, but he was designed more to be an assasin (IMO) but happened to fall to the tanky roll because of his support abilities on a damageing champ. His ability to get in and out will allow you to cause damage/confusion and remain relatively safe with another champ fullfilling the initiator role.

notspencer

03-15-2012

Turtle, in each of the games I have played with him in this role, we have taken an early tower. This allows for my ad carry to roam, while freeing up some lane creeps for me to catch up.

And since you allowed your ad carry so much care and protection early game; if there happens to be a late game, you have been allowed to catch up cs wise, because at this point your jungler is roaming in and out of their jungle also sharing jungle creeps. This is also assuming you dont sacrifice yourself 0-4-6. Ideally, leaving the lane phase around 0-0-4 or 1-1-3 score wise and about 5 cs.

notspencer

03-15-2012

Quote:
Stippy:
This is something I wuold like to try out and play around with.

Let me know what you think!

Powerstoned

03-16-2012

Pick up HoG, Berzerker's and Zeke's as a bot support situation.