"94% of cases in the tribunal result in punishment"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Averdrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I will say... this is a very outdated statistic. The Tribunal punishment rate at the moment is significantly lower than 94%.
Why not throw in some fake cases as said by another community member? spamming punish will now get you kicked from the tribunal.

Cerys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipee View Post
No, because people can share it. If you have the totality of what you get banned for, you also have what you get pardoned for, by elimination.
If I tell you which part is black in a black and white picture, you will deduce the white part, won't you?
Isn't that the whole point?

I mean you want to know what you did wrong so you can not do it in the future. Your justification for NOT telling someone what they did wrong is really flawed.

Basically, not knowing what you did wrong, if you attempt to fix it, you might get it wrong, and then you risk being reported/punished again.

If you know what you did wrong, and then deduce what is "right" then you know where to stay if you don't want to be punished again.

This is a good thing, but you're acting like it's bad.

LadyKitsune

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipee View Post
No, because people can share it. If you have the totality of what you get banned for, you also have what you get pardoned for, by elimination.
If I tell you which part is black in a black and white picture, you will deduce the white part, won't you?
Hmm all of my friends got banned for being really racist, so if I do everything except that, I'll be fine!

Wait, no. Also, you don't vote on games individually. You vote on them as a group. People often vote punish based on seeing one offensive game. You really get no process of elimination.

Also, being that there's no rules and what is punishable constantly changes, you can't really play that game with the tribunal.

powerbats

03-14-2012

Quote:
I will say... this is a very outdated statistic. The Tribunal punishment rate at the moment is significantly lower than 94%.
Thank you, no matter how often we tell them they try and use that to prop up their failed posts.

Any chance we could get a post about what it's currently at Pendragon?

Tipee

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerys View Post
Isn't that the whole point?

I mean you want to know what you did wrong so you can not do it in the future. Your justification for NOT telling someone what they did wrong is really flawed.

Basically, not knowing what you did wrong, if you attempt to fix it, you might get it wrong, and then you risk being reported/punished again.

If you know what you did wrong, and then deduce what is "right" then you know where to stay if you don't want to be punished again.

This is a good thing, but you're acting like it's bad.
That's because it's not a knowledge problem.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what is "bad attitude".

You're in a mindset where you feel entitled to get your little dose of bad attitude, and you want to know how much you can get without getting banned.

Just have none, and your problem is solved.

Tipee

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKitsune View Post
Hmm all of my friends got banned for being really racist, so if I do everything except that, I'll be fine!
Your logic is flawed. You are on a forum right now, you can share with other people than just your friends.

Quote:
Wait, no. Also, you don't vote on games individually. You vote on them as a group. People often vote punish based on seeing one offensive game. You really get no process of elimination.
But that's not what you are asking for, is it?
Besides, yes, you could still get a clear picture by keeping only the "worst offence" of each case.

Quote:
Also, being that there's no rules and what is punishable constantly changes, you can't really play that game with the tribunal.
I don't know that, you don't know that. That's the kind of things we would know if tribunal cases were made public.

lol I died again

03-14-2012

I like trains.

dr0ne

03-14-2012

Pendragon please point out in detail why i was banned i need to hear it from you if you think i was banned, and why is it one game i get reported and banned but people say i am a great team leader and i get nothing for that?

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

03-14-2012

Chances are, if you're in Tribunal, you deserve it. But there are those cases that you don't. Which is why that pardon button is there...

Would it make people feel better if they moved Pardon to the top option?

darkrulerbob

03-14-2012

Quote:
maybe you should update your chart then. people are still quoting it.