Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summmoner Rift players are so behind the meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emeraldw

03-14-2012

Quote:
Kiddalee:
It's not so much the meta as a new pro team laughing in the meta's face. And they deserve to, because no matter how many times M5 counters the meta, the established teams and their fanboys keep using predictable tactics. I'm so glad not to be playing that game, with those meta-religious people. I hope Dominion never gets like that.

It kind of has, though the team composition has been much more flexible. Mix of AP/AD, a bot and a tank is a pretty open team composition.

And M5 wins because they play better. Their champion selection has little to do with how much they win. Scarra said it himself; "individually they are not better than any of us, but how they play as a team as amazing."

Edit: And I am not so sure Urgot is OP. Really good yes, but he isn't an auto win for bot.

EinzigerAI

03-14-2012

He's not the end all be all for bot lanes but I found less counters to urgot bot than I have in the times I tried yorick bot.

Phourc

03-14-2012

Quote:
Kiddalee:
It's not so much the meta as a new pro team laughing in the meta's face. And they deserve to, because no matter how many times M5 counters the meta, the established teams and their fanboys keep using predictable tactics. I'm so glad not to be playing that game, with those meta-religious people. I hope Dominion never gets like that.

Send one mid, one bot, three to the enemy's mid. Gang kill their mid-capper as he goes through the jungle, then pick off their remaining team as they come back to stop you. Sooo much fun.

If you know how the enemy is setting up you can usually find a way to abuse it xP

Kiddalee

03-14-2012

Quote:
Emeraldw:
It kind of has, though the team composition has been much more flexible. Mix of AP/AD, a bot and a tank is a pretty open team composition.

And M5 wins because they play better. Their champion selection has little to do with how much they win. Scarra said it himself; "individually they are not better than any of us, but how they play as a team as amazing."

Edit: And I am not so sure Urgot is OP. Really good yes, but he isn't an auto win for bot.

It's their teamwork that allows them to break the meta. In the game in question, M5 ran a double jungle and sent Urgot bottom vs 2. They definitely break the meta in ways besides their picks.