So i've done this thing to make this game more fun...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Can I agree twice and then agree once more?

I stopped caring about my elo about 2 months ago and yes, it does made me feel better about the whole gameplay in general.

AbsolutePK

03-14-2012

With JabeBot there, the information on-hand and ready to use, sure I'll use it.

As long as JabeBot is there I'll always care about what my "elo" is, even if it's supposedly a completely different number than the actual riot elo.

I'll care about MY elo, but it won't change my pessimistic attitude and poor expectations every game I join.

SoSalty

03-14-2012

It's true, I enjoyed the game more when I didn't know about Jabebot.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Agree 100% (didn't we have this exact same thread yesterday?).

My biggest frustration with Dominion has always been the afk's/dc's who make some games pretty much un-winnable. Once Jabebot was introduced, it just exacerbated the problem since I was able to quantify how negative those kinds of games were on my record.

I'm taking a break from Dom at the moment to play ME3, but when I get back into the swing of things on the Crystal Scar, I plan on doing my best at ignoring Jabebot. I mean, in all honesty, how accurate can an elo rating be if it is determined, entirely, by whether or not you and four other people won the match? It really isn't any legitimate measure of skill unless you consistently play together with the same premade (in which case it still isn't perfect, but it is much more pertinent).

Cauldrath

03-14-2012

While I don't really care about what my ELO is relative to other players, I do care about the difference in the game being played at 2k+ ELO and the game being played at 1.5k-1.7k ELO. I watch the tournaments every Monday and think "that's the kind of game I want to be playing", but I don't feel like I have the time and/or energy to invest in a team, so I pop into solo queue and 90% of the time there is no strategy; people ignore your pings; people don't know the most basic things like recalling when you are at low health, gank bot if they are low on health or overextended, don't run off into the jungle alone to take top solo when the whole enemy team is still in the area; you initiate a 2v2 off-turret with another full-health ally nearby and they just ignore you to go backcap; you lead your team to gank someone in the woods, fake a backcap attempt and force a 3v3 off-turret team fight with the enemy team split and your two teammates die 2v1 against Leona with her at near-full health while you kept her allies from being able to join the fight; you get tanks who reach late game and somehow have no damage items and are still missing either health, armor, or mr, so they contribute nothing before instantly dying; you are holding bot against a near-constant 1v2 while getting no help from top and your team is barely holding on to mid or, the opposite - a teammate refuses to leave bot even when you are doing fine without them, they aren't contributing anything, their health is low, and mid is getting overrun.

Because of that, almost every game is a stomp because one team just can not get it together. If the matchmaker could somehow consistently produce relatively even and/or interesting games at 1.5-1.7k ELO, I would be fine with it, but that isn't the case. I don't mind losing when it feels like I could have somehow done something better or winning when it feels like I did something better than before, because then I can learn something from it, but that is an extremely rare event.

Hékate

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorcop View Post
Jabebot ruined my life and made me lose my kids.
Mmmm may have been dat tequila too. **** you Mexican martinis!

GrignardTS

03-14-2012

So much win in this thread.

And by win, I'm not talking about ELO.

I checked my ELO for the first few weeks it was out.

Then, when I had other's question my bans, champion choices, and other things because of it, I removed Jabe from my friends.

Do onto others and the whole 9 yards.

Basoosh

03-14-2012

I use it as motivation to improve myself. I do play for fun first and foremost. I duo-queue a lot with my 1100 rating friends. I play "low-tier" champs when I'm in the mood. I make a point to never lose sight of just having relaxed fun, as that's what brought me to Dominion in the first place. But I also get fun out of meeting a goal and seeing myself improve.

I like to challenge myself and Jabe is a huge tool for enabling that in Dominion. The bottom line is to not let it rule you and prevent you from having fun. With a little self control, I really think you can have both.

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
While I don't really care about what my ELO is relative to other players, I do care about the difference in the game being played at 2k+ ELO and the game being played at 1.5k-1.7k ELO. I watch the tournaments every Monday and think "that's the kind of game I want to be playing", but I don't feel like I have the time and/or energy to invest in a team, so I pop into solo queue and 90% of the time there is no strategy; people ignore your pings; people don't know the most basic things like recalling when you are at low health, gank bot if they are low on health or overextended, don't run off into the jungle alone to take top solo when the whole enemy team is still in the area; you initiate a 2v2 off-turret with another full-health ally nearby and they just ignore you to go backcap; you lead your team to gank someone in the woods, fake a backcap attempt and force a 3v3 off-turret team fight with the enemy team split and your two teammates die 2v1 against Leona with her at near-full health while you kept her allies from being able to join the fight; you get tanks who reach late game and somehow have no damage items and are still missing either health, armor, or mr, so they contribute nothing before instantly dying; you are holding bot against a near-constant 1v2 while getting no help from top and your team is barely holding on to mid or, the opposite - a teammate refuses to leave bot even when you are doing fine without them, they aren't contributing anything, their health is low, and mid is getting overrun.

Because of that, almost every game is a stomp because one team just can not get it together. If the matchmaker could somehow consistently produce relatively even and/or interesting games at 1.5-1.7k ELO, I would be fine with it, but that isn't the case. I don't mind losing when it feels like I could have somehow done something better or winning when it feels like I did something better than before, because then I can learn something from it, but that is an extremely rare event.
Yea, you said that way better than I ever could. Knowing the elo of people on your team can easily tell you the quality of the game you're about to play. Do I care much about my own? Not really, I'm more concerned about everybody elses!

Kierloway

03-14-2012

I just drop queue if the players dont communicate or pick bad champs for the matchup. I dont care about elo but I don't like spending time in a game where people aren't even trying. Defeats the purpose of the game.