So i've done this thing to make this game more fun...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

It's called stop caring about elo... (wait, don't get all mad right now. Keep reading! I have some good points!)

So when Jabebot first came out, I was super excited. It was fun knowing what percentile I was in, how much elo I gained/loss each game, and how well I ranked among others in the community... But then, I started only worrying about this number. I wanted it higher and higher. Then I met Tootulz. I use to get mad at players I was with. I use to get angry they weren't "as good as me", etc. Then... I completely stopped checking my elo. I don't remember the last time I sent jabebot a message, honestly. And you know what? I have enjoyed the game much more. I don't care if there is an OP champion left... If I don't want to play him, I won't do it. I now play this for fun. I play with people from the DominateDominion chat without worrying about what will happen to this useless number. I don't look them up or anything. If someone ask for a game and i'm looking for one, I will gladly join them. I don't care if they aren't the best... Sure, it can be frustrating when you're more skilled and the people you're playing with aren't as good, but just LET IT GO. Don't stress over it, people. This number means NOTHING. Enjoy the game for what it is. Don't stop playing with your friends because they don't understand Dominion like you do. Don't stop inviting people because you're worried about this number dropping. If they are people you can play a game with, chat, laugh, and have a good time with, then mission accomplished. Get this number out of your head completely and I GUARANTEE you will enjoy this game much more.

What ever happened to the community we advertised as nice and friendly? This number has turned half of you into monsters. "You aren't above 2k? I won't play with you!". It's absolutely insane. We are trying to attract people to this mode. We have brought people to this mode strictly because we claimed we are a nicer community, but it doesn't show one bit when people rage over this number. So my humble request, is let it go. Don't worry about your champion, don't worry about if you have an OP or not, don't worry about winning! Just enjoy the game guys. Keep in mind, this is NOT ranked. Don't take too much pride in this number Jabebot is giving. Enjoy the game and play with your friends, this number means nothing. As soon as ranked comes out, this Jabebot elo will mean absolutely nothing. So enjoy the game with the great community we have already. Don't rage at people, please. If you think someone doesn't know what to do, INSTRUCT them. Don't yell at them. Let them know what they could do to improve, you would be surprised, it works wonders.

Birdoflegends

Chavez Obama

03-13-2012

Agreed. rating is not very accurate because not everyone tryhards. I only want a certain rating to get queued in a certain bracket, and its not that hard to do that. Taking it easy is the best

Edits for clarity

Orphane

03-13-2012

Yeah, when I first found out about Jabebot I got obsessed about my Dominion elo, and then I decided I was happier not knowing and removed it off my friends list. Then I figured I would still rather know but I wouldn't freak out about every downwards shift of it. Now I just try to take things in stride.

Trevorcop

03-13-2012

Jabebot ruined my life and made me lose my kids.

Prometheius

03-13-2012

See, I don't give a **** about my personal number except for random e-peen contests between friends. What I do give a **** is others' Elo in relation to their champion pick, summoner spells, w/l, and total matches.

Elo by itself is absolute ****. You can easily get 2.3k and stay there by playing duos with a high Elo player. Elo is the WORST individual indicator of a player's skill.

Harate

03-13-2012

Your goal shouldn't be to get a higher elo anyways. It should be to improve your game and knowledge of the game. Elo will follow. I'm not jealous of those who get carried to high elo because they're doomed of having to be guarded by their friends and will always weigh their high elo friends down.

Phourc

03-13-2012

I like my Elo ):

But yeah, watching it tank from 1600 to 1400 was THE WORST. Fortunately, I'm on my way back up... tho I may have just jinxed it ):

Looking at your Elo, I can't help but feel like you're the E-peen equivalent of a rich guy saying money isn't a big deal xP

NOT THAT I"M SAYING YOU ARE, just... if you already have it all it's easier to not care about it xP

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I like my Elo ):

But yeah, watching it tank from 1600 to 1400 was THE WORST. Fortunately, I'm on my way back up... tho I may have just jinxed it ):

Looking at your Elo, I can't help but feel like you're the E-peen equivalent of a rich guy saying money isn't a big deal xP

NOT THAT I"M SAYING YOU ARE, just... if you already have it all it's easier to not care about it xP
Went from 24xx+ to what I am now. You have a better idea of what I am now than I do, because I honestly don't check it. I do see how you get the feeling, and hopefully it makes more of an impact that i'm a "higher elo" player saying this. But honestly, just enjoy the game and forget about the number.

Darmival

03-13-2012

I tryharded a few times to 1750-1800 but then my brain is like THIS IS TEH BORING and then i do a troll build or something..... [ or i get stuck with bad teammates ]

definately stressing over elo is bad for enjoyment of the game