16 Tips for Xin: An Informal Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jagura

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hu4rollz View Post
I never have problems getting Q off unless I get quickly disabled or I am a very low level against faster opponents. I just threw that tip in there because there are (somewhat rare) times when it can be useful in the early laning phase. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I think his greatest strength is the power of his E>Q combo, and prioritizing those skills maximizes his killing power. The whacking on people, while nice, isn't the most important thing. The only time I think you can make an argument for W is when you are doing a lot of jungling.
Do you not find any usefullness with the w cd reduction, coupled with a little attack speed in certain situations where spamming your skills could be beneficial, or should that be avoided in any situation?

Darksharkz

10-08-2010

I'm trying to look for a better build though and some tips/pointers on trying to go out and gank/play better some more cause I end up playing too conservatively sometimes or my team doesn't know what the hell they're doing. I win some, I lose some also, but this thread has helped me some so I will try those tips out.

RagnatheBloodedg

01-16-2011

I'm surprised there hasn't been a post for so long, also surprised that no one brought up good champs for Xin to lane with, though his solo capability is up there.

Masteries:
I usually go 15/0/15 since I run Exhaust + Ghost/Ignite. 15 in offense gets you crit, cdr, as, arm pen, while 15 utility gets you less death time, more exp or mana, i run exp since Zhao wants his levels, mana regen so so you NEVER oom if you play smart, then buff duration + ms. I love defense and all, but I find that tanking as Xin is more about items than masteries or runes. My personal opinion, don;t discriminate plz. -.-'

Skill Order:
Q at start, since you are unlikely to want to fight off the bat, and the disable is more useful imo than the slow. I then get a rank in e and w, the utility is to much, and Zhao needs all of his abilities to be effective, + with a rank in each u r more likely to kill an enemy. after that R>Q, E and W i rank together, as they both lower in cd, and the utility on both is too useful to leave the other out. Plus you can destroy a tower in 2 creep waves with rank 3 Battle Cry.

Cool laning tip. Since E is an aoe, you won't draw minion aggro if he is INCLUDED in the aoe, don't target him, target the minion next to him. And people might think it a waste, but your ult has a little over a minute cd at rank 1, so use it, even if you don;t do a full initiation u can force it off cd in less than a minute anyways, and the bonus armor you get makes it so that counter harass is even more futile, though this does draw minion and tower aggro.

Item Build:
Doran's Blade + HP pot
Boots + Bruta. (Always get boots 1, usually get merc treads if I got a kill or 2, ninja tabi is usually not needed, as CC is the only thing that can stop you.
After bruta is finished look how I am doing, dying to much? counter their damage, kicking ass? Kick more, always finish ghostblade unless they surrender, which usually happens. Note that SOTD is beautiful on him, so if you don't like ghostblade, for whatever reason, get SOTD, dash in pop it pop ur ult, omg they has no armor, full damage free for all. Getting both is beastly yet takes away from his tankiness, but I've done it simply for the armor pen.

Items that make little sense on Xin. Even with Black Cleaver's change, it does NOTHING for his initial burst. Life steal items are okay, but are rarely needed imo, if you are focused, you're dead anyways, if you aren't why do you need it? Let someone else get Stark's, Aegis I could see getting, but a support is more likely to get it. Xin is a hybrid Carry/Tank, he can devastate when tank, he can survive when carry.

That's my two cents, maybe this thread will pick up again, it's a generous idea to place tips in such an easily accessible place. Thumbs up to you.

Sciencias preval

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hu4rollz View Post
My standard advice is doran's shield > boots > (last whisper/wit's end/starks) > boots 2 > phage > game dependent defensive item > totally depends.
I have been struggling to pick items i really like for xin. I want to follow this build, but it feel like I really need more defensive stuff earlier on, but seems like I do no damage if I do that.

Neokenfu

01-21-2011

(400+ games with Xin)IMO ghostblade/heart of gold/Merc treads are his truly core items. The early defense/cash from heart of gold is really key to his success later on. He is definitely if not the worst, one of the worst escapers in the game.

Typical build:
flash/exhaust
21/9/0
doran's shield/pot, boots, hp crystal, upgrade to heart of gold, upgrade boots to merc treads, brutalizer, upgrade brutalizer to ghostblade, null magic mantle/negatron cloak(depending on amount of AP), upgrade heart to randuin's omen, and Sword of the Divine. Most of the time the game will end there or earlier.

The guy who would even suggest ignite/exhaust: Have you EVER played Xin Zhao? If you had, you'd know that his fatal flaw is escapability so flash is a must. Flash/exhaust, flash/ignite, and flash ghost are all viable choices. Also, you suprise people when you flash/audacious charge(E) if there's really no chance anyone else will catch that person(think flash/charge/Bang-BANG-POP/team catches up/dead). Exhaust works right along with the idea of people not being able to kill you/catching runners. IMO flash/exhaust is by far the best choice but maybe some 1900 ELO badass Xin can comment.

Bletzkarn

02-21-2011

Tanky Dps That Destroys enemies anyway.

Boots of Swiftness

Ghoostblade

Sword of the Divine

Randuin's Omen

Then Situational items. Such as Sunfire Cape, Frozen Mallet, Banshee's Veil or even a trinity force.

Carados

02-21-2011

How would Frozen Mallet ever be situational on Xin Zhao?