16 Tips for Xin: An Informal Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miirshak

08-17-2010

thnx Hu4rollz for the elaborate answer to my questions!

I guess i'll take the berserkers then to get some needed AS. and instead of an IE another AS item? starks seems nice!

I actually level E>Q>R>W, the earlygame E+Q combo is to very powerfull and with the right laning-partner you can make the life of your opponents very hard/get some early kills.

I like the brutelizer/yuumo's so much for the CD reduction, I know xin doesn't really have very long cooldowns to being with, but in a chase you want that E/Q up as fast as possible :P

and I wholehartedly agree with your comments on "my team sucks" But i'm still pretty fresh to LoL, so I guess i've got some learning to do when it comes to building a team.

DDR16

08-17-2010

After I get my ult I usually just start ganking and clearing jungle in between kills.

Dont be stupid though help people or defend a turret if its taking a beating.

When I jungle to start out I dont enjoy it at all, I would rather lane and level E as fast as possible and pick up those early kills to get ahead in gear

I still havent found the perfect gear setup I like.

Ethelion

08-17-2010

Question about runes, im planning to go with Seals, Glyphs and Quints of attack speed, and marks of armor pen, so i dont have to level W to make out for the attack speed and max Q and E ASAP, is it a good choice?

DDR16

08-17-2010

I went ArP, crit, and CD reducer with ArP quilt

But I dont think many people use that. I probably will be changing out the crit soon for attack speed

DDR16

08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelion View Post
Question about runes, im planning to go with Seals, Glyphs and Quints of attack speed, and marks of armor pen, so i dont have to level W to make out for the attack speed and max Q and E ASAP, is it a good choice?
I usually max e then mix and match q and w

Ethelion

08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR16 View Post
I usually max e then mix and match q and w
I dont usually max E first, i mean its just one burst of damage, but if i want slow thats why i get Phage, leveling Q first gives me some more decent damage output imo

Roulex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2010

Quick question: Why no love for W? With his passive being based around his attack speed, and the ability to get Q off quicker with a leveled up W, isn't it one of his most effective skills?

TheChatMonitor

08-17-2010

When I play xin I generally do really well unless im tired or distracted. I almost never buy defensive items because im careful as to when I join a fight. My build generally goes
Boots 1 turn into Ninja Tabi if they seem to be focusing me in lane or Merc Treads if they are stun heavy If they aren't focusing me in lane and im killing them alot i go beserker's.
Then i get zeal and turn it into PD
then malady for the attack speed and the extra durability
then inf edge for my crit dmg
then dual bloodthirsters if the game goes on that long..

My runes are Armor pen/Crit Chance marks..... Attack speed Seals/glyphs.. and armor pen quints

and my masteries are 8/21/0 for extra durability in a fight thus allowing me to go pure dps in a game.
Also stay back when about to start a team fight hang around ur mages and initate on thier squishes and you should wipe them with that much lifesteal and attack speed with xin's passive

my skills i try to lvl at the same time going Q>E>W>Q>E>R

hu4rollz

08-17-2010

Quote:
It's not bad. I prefer armor/dodge/hp seals and magic resist/cdr glyphs because Xin can use the survivability and you don't suffer the penalty of having the "wrong" type of bonus. But I can see your setup working, especially for faster jungling.

Quote:
I dont usually max E first, i mean its just one burst of damage, but if i want slow thats why i get Phage, leveling Q first gives me some more decent damage output imo
Well it takes some levels to get phage, and if you get it first item that's some serious opportunity cost. The slow on E is a higher percent than phage increasing per level and is area effect. Also E only does 5 less damage than Q per level and it does it instantly and in an area, so on damage E is actually better than Q. And leveling E dramaticly reduces its cooldown giving you much greater chasing ability as it allows you to close the gap more than twice as often (as well as applying the higher percentage slow).

Quote:
Quick question: Why no love for W? With his passive being based around his attack speed, and the ability to get Q off quicker with a leveled up W, isn't it one of his most effective skills?
It isn't so much that W is bad, just that Q and E are both really good. If you want to reduce your cooldowns, leveling E and Q accomplishes this better than W. Both abilities give him a lot of burst and utility which is better than some attack speed. Going from level 1 to 5 in W is only 20% more passive attack speed and 40% active, which is significantly worse than just getting a Recurve. You can't get close to replacing the benefit of leveling E with a 1000 gold item.

Norph

08-17-2010

17. Wear your sunglasses at night.