Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best way to rune tanks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo Support GG

03-13-2012

per lvl? Flat?
HP or Armor/MR?

The Elk

03-13-2012

Depends on the tank and when the flat and per level even out. Just remember, levels come fast in dominion so the per level are often better.

Kierloway

03-13-2012

I mainly rune mpen, flat armor or health, mr per level, and move speed quints. Those seem to work great.

Bobnot

03-13-2012

At lv 8 the per-level and the flat runes even out. Per Level is stronger after 8.

Phourc

03-13-2012

I like flat HP/level Yellows and Magic resist blues (I use flat currently but I could see per levels working fine)

The logic I'm working under it is Armor items have some really cool effects - frozen heart and randuins especially, whereas the only real magic resist item I like to build in dominion is Odyn's.

Glumduk

03-13-2012

My rune spread for most tanks;
Mpen red, Armor yellow, CDR per level blues, and MS quints.

GeneralDirection

03-13-2012

With Leona, I do all scaling cdr glyphs and quints. By level 18, you are granted 15.80% cdr, which combined with a few masteries and a single cdr item of your choice (imo the boots) will grant you max cdr. As the tank it is unlikely you are going to get focused down first, and with max cdr you can optimize your disruption while still bulking up with whatever items you deem necessary.

Kedoren

03-14-2012

Take away their durability and health.

Kedoren

03-14-2012

Oh wait....

ANUS JACKHAMMER

03-14-2012

Quints: Movement Speed
Marks: Magic Penetration
Seals: Armor per level
Glyphs: Magic Resist per level

I'm very partial to Movement Speed Quints...so that's up to you. I love them, and I use them on ALL my Dominion rune pages.

Magic Pen marks imo, since the majority of most tanks' damage is magic damage. On someone like Alistar (if you like to build Trinity Force especially), the hybrid MagicPen/ArmorPen marks are what I like to use.

Per levels are best imho, as the first top fight doesn't have as great of an effect on the game as you might think. End game is ultimately what matters. You'll know this if you've been playing Dominion long enough to see the all too common phenomenon of losing team coming back at the end to win it.