Ryze - Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dayne212

03-13-2012

The absolute ignorance and stupidity of this frothing community is purely astounding.

HOW RYZE WORKS IN DOMINION - READ -CAREFULLY- TO AVOID FUTURE PERSECUTIONS OVER YOUR OWN MISGUIDED PERSPECTIVE

Tear of the Goddess - SUCKS

It is garbage, it is not worth buying, it is not worth building unless you have extra money after your -core- builds for the initial mana boost alone.

Ignorant responder: ahur but dahur dur EVERY ryze gets tear of the goddess u stuped anub

Me: No you crowd following neanderthal, it is NOT so good in dominion. Let me break this down to make it as SIMPLE as possible. If I had the time I'd even ****ing color code it.

Building: Builds mana off of a spell, with a three second cooldown. Ryze is known for spamming spells thanks to his Passive, which reduces cooldowns by 1 second every time another is used. So Ryze, for all his spamming actually doesn't stack that much in short bursts with spells, you'd probably only get one or two off a full combo per exchange.

Time limits: If you have half a brain, which only about a small percentage of the readers probably do, you will notice this post is in the DOMINION section. Hence I am speaking of DOMINION GAMES, and RYZE in DOMINION, and TEARS OF THE GODDESS, in DOMINION. Have that? Do you have that? Then you know dominion games are notoriously short, approx. 15-20 minutes compared to the monstrous 40-60 minute Summoner Rift matches. In the latter, of course tear of the goddess is an obvious choice, you will max it not even halfway through the match. Dominion? You're lucky to hit half of the tear's potential at that victory/defeat mark. The game simply is not long enough, and you are better off building into other items with the limited set gold amount in a Dominion match.

Laning
: All of Ryze's abilities are offensive, meaning they can only be used against enemies. Now if you know anything about Tear of the Goddess before barking and wailing on how noob it is not to take, you will know that it takes ABILITIES to rank up the extra mana. Abilities. Offensive abilities on Ryze. Can only target enemies. You see where I'm going? No? Not at all? Okay, you -have- to be within range of an enemy to use his abilities, to stack the Tear. So you have to always be in combat, whether laning or fighting champions. You only get in a fight so much, and probably spend more time dead than actively fighting other champions. Which leaves us to laning, which is severely limited and not even the focus in Dominion.

The only viable argument I can think of is if Ryze ever goes bot, in which case he probably could get up a decent amount of stacks. BUT, if you're laning in dominion, it is more likely you will be battling the enemy champion more than waves, which is entirely varying depending on who you are fighting. In a case where a champion dives you, or you are forced to dive them, what good is pure mana going to do if you cannot survive a single punch or two? Hence my argument on taking -survival- items such as Catalyst, building into Rod of Ages. But the point, there is almost no laning, and Ryze cannot spam his spells out of combat such as Karthus and others, hence he is weak with building stacks without proper laning.

Now, with all of these together, what picture does that paint about Ryze + Tear of the Goddess + Dominion? It -sucks-, there are -better- things to build, Ryze altogether isn't all that fantastic until he builds some serious mana and CDR, therefore he is viable for a carry champion. There have been so many games where I build Rod of Ages plus the usual Frozen Heart and Odyn's Veil, where he is truly invincible end game save for the biggest focus and chain CCs. He has the mana to pack a punch, the damage resistances of FH and OV, and the big mana and health buff from RoA.

There have been even more games where an entire team tackles me for my build simply because it lacks Tear of the Goddess, DESPITE games where I may be completely carrying a team and/or leading in points. Well HERE is the tl;dr, jackasses. ****ing educate yourselves already.

Now let the unending replies of "lol mad" and "lol u ignore teh core builed" flow through. **** this community.

Jjaja

03-13-2012

He's only 1712 Elo.

Invalid opinion. Next!

GrignardTS

03-13-2012

lolumad

seriously, catalyst is a way better starting item.

03-13-2012

I like my manamune rush though.

dazzel

03-13-2012

Wrong.

and here's the math

http://www.dominatedominion.com/word...res-ryze-tear/

Hawkwìng

03-13-2012

why would u build teir in dominion?

Phourc

03-13-2012

Um... I actually slogged through all of your rage to see if you had a valid point, but it's really not looking like you do.

- You say tear is a poor item on Ryze because it takes a while to ramp up, which is true, but you advice a Rod of Ages instead? It suffers from the exact same problem with triple the cost, putting you further behind on other essential stats like CDR.

- Ryze is often bottom lane, where my tear is generally 800+ stacked by the end of the game. It is doubly useful on bottom lane because if he is not constantly spamming spells on minions he is very likely to get outpushed, and early game he has extremely brutal mana issues.

Now I'm not saying you should rush it (I generally start with a red and blue candy so I can bring pots), and I'm definitely not saying Archangels is good on Ryze, I only build that after I have a FH, Odyn's and some spell vamp.

An early tear is a good 'buy and forget' damage item, giving you the option on +105 Q damage on a full stack, or even if you only stack to 400 or so by the end of that game, that's +60 Q damage. That's the damage you'd get from 525 AP and 300 AP respectively, well worth 995g.

Forbiddian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Archangel's Staff is pretty decent. The breakeven point is around 2000 mana. At that point you get the same damage as if you'd stacked sapphire crystals.

Of course, your other items, like FH and BV and Tear are far more efficient than just sapphire crystals, but Archangel's Staff is a good endgame upgrade.

Froppi

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzel View Post
This is the end of the discussion, unless there is mathcraft to dispute this. Also why would someone downvote you. I don't get the logic of these forums sometimes.

AO Alt

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayne212 View Post
Tear of the Goddess - SUCKS
Spoken like a true 1700 elo guy.

Next.