Does Fiora do too much damage in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Froppi

03-13-2012

Like other users have stated she is really vulnerable if there is some sort of CC since she can't sustain if she is out of commission. 1 v 1ing her is frustrating because you can't just rush in and button mash, you actually have to analyze the situation, for instance if you are both at full hp, try baiting her to a tower, or into bushes where team mates are. Sometimes 1v1ing her is impossible, so some team work is required.

To elaborate on the squishiness of Fiora, I've seen a leblanc melt her face before she could even autoattack a minion. So if communication with your team is lacking, try picking a champ with multiple forms of CC, or a burst range champ.

Shaxtenn

03-13-2012

Counter her with Blitzcrank. Knockup every 3-4 seconds? Eat robo-fist, Frenchy.

Most critically, you can't lifesteal from autoattacks while you're knocked up.

It's unlikely you can straight 1v1 her if you're both starting from full health with all cooldowns, particularly if Fiora's building mainly damage (Sanguine Blade etc) and Blitz is building half tank (Triforce/Frozen Heart is typical). But you can certainly stop her in her tracks, stop her from lifestealing so much, stop her from running away, and deal a considerable amount of damage while your team takes care of her.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

I've played against several Fiora's, she absolutely cannot handle any kind of cc/ff.

Play a burst mage against her. I know it's unpopular on Dom but I've had a ton of success running Brand and Ziggs against her. She also cringes at the sight of champs like Malphite and Nunu.

As far as 1v1's go, Jax still stomps the **** out of her.

Phourc

03-13-2012

Fiora does feel pretty strong currently, but I think it's mostly because people aren't used to dealing with melee carries - yi and trynd do okay on dominion, but don't really fit IMO.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a slight nerf on her next patch.

Panwar

03-13-2012

I actually crush her fairly regularly with Renekton as well. I think it's because most people don't build IE>PD>Sanguine on her like they would say, Trynd. She rarely has that unstoppable "I'm gonna just crit/lifesteal through everything." feeling like Trynd and Yi do. She has her ult, but I just make sure to pull out all of my AoE's at that point and can a lot of times largely negate the lifesteal procs she gets for it. Especially if it's just me there, her ult is very inefficient against a single opponent.

Emeraldw

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Fiora does feel pretty strong currently, but I think it's mostly because people aren't used to dealing with melee carries - yi and trynd do okay on dominion, but don't really fit IMO.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a slight nerf on her next patch.
She won't get nerfed. If anything you might see a buff at some point as the game is balanced around SR, not dominion.

I have no idea about Renekton vs. Fiora, but if you stun her E, anyone can beat her. If you don't, it is a toss-up. Usually I win. I have not tried against a Jax yet but mostly anyone else, once I get a couple items I win easily. The damage output on her E is massive and the ability to absorb one attack (and deal damage too!) is huge, even without her ult.

ItsMr JP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Yup. Actually thinking about quitting until shes beefed.

zionist shill

03-13-2012

I cry a bit whenever I see a fiora on my team because in my experience most of them feed hard.

Sauron

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldw View Post
She won't get nerfed. If anything you might see a buff at some point as the game is balanced around SR, not dominion.
Pretty much. She's not doing well in SR or TT at all. Good Fioras are rare, though.

Ironically, Phreak left out Dominion from her spotlight when it was her strongest game mode by far.

I do welcome her addition though; its nice to have a pure damage melee that actually fills the role correctly and hasn't been nerfed repeatedly for jungling reasons or w/e.

Emeraldw

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
I cry a bit whenever I see a fiora on my team because in my experience most of them feed hard.
Fiora, even more than most, is a tough champ to learn. It isn't her kit, but knowing her limits. You really have to commit at the right time as you are not leaving till either your dead or they are.

I love Fiora but she is a tough pick in SR due to having no CC nor being tanky. She gets counter picked very easily and that won't change unless she gets some serious buffs.

Here it is easier to pick her, but for the same reasons you have to look at your team. I would play her every game if I could but I cannot with the teams I play with usually.