[Guide] Tumbling Yurtle the Turtle: how to verse heimerdinger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wedgiemaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormiy View Post
BUL****. No dammed starcall can take them out. Nunu consume? Well if you want to die, then yes. TANK THEM?! Ashe cant do a **** if they are in grass. Also placing ward is suicide by itself and ward is visible after its placed. What are you thinking?

Morgana- Tormented Soil - cant do a ****.

You forgot that they have 700 or smth hp and 50 resists? If that turret bull**** guy stands right next to them then you have no chance to get them down like that, they just heal up.

Also how do you expect to defend in REAL situation? Not lame theory? Im not saying that you cant take them down, you can, its not to hard, but in REAL situation like when you are being pushed and Heidi builds turrets in grass. You will attack turrets yes? Lay lame wards in grass, and ult them with pirate? GREAT choice when you engage all enemy team and your turrets is being attacked.

Its not about how you can take them out, its about that you suggest ult them. Do you WANT to ult them? And watch them rebuild.

You ARE pathetic, maybe you even think that hes not op, but hey, there are plenty of shameless weirdos who play only the OP. Nice try.
Apparently you didn't read my guide. If you did, you just scanned it really fast to find a couple of lame excuses to flame. Lets start at the top.

Starcall: I never said that it could take out turrets. Where did you get that idea? I could have written a lengthy instruction manual on how Soroka can use Starcall and her healing abilities to help counter Heimer, but I figured that people were smart enough to figure it out themselves.

Nunu's Consume: How will he die if the towers can't do enough damage to kill him? Consume has no cooldown and, if at a decent level, it can one hit kill a fully upgraded turret, plus it heals. Because nunu is a tanker, and Consume has no cooldown and heals, he should be able to take out undefended turrets easy.

Ashe: Turrets won't always be placed in the grass. Even when they are, there can be opportunities where Ashe can take them out.

Vision Ward: vision wards are invisible. description for vision ward "Places an invisible ward with 1000 range Invisible Sight (See invisible units). Lasts 3 minutes, Max 3 stacks. " Btw, you don't have to put the vision ward directly next to the turrets. Its got 1000 range.

Tormented Ground- I agree that this ability doesn't do much to turrets, but it can do it doesn't require a target in order to use it. It can at least do some damage to hidden turrets.

Heimer can't heal all of his turrets at the same time with his ult. He only heals one at a time and it has like a 20 sec cooldown or something like that. If you mainly focus on attacking the turrets, there is no way Heimer can keep up. Only attack when there is a wave of minions distracting the turrets. If you follow this guide, Heimer won't be giving the other team an advantage.

If you had read the guide, you would know how to counter teams turtling behind heimer's turrets.

Lol! Me? Pathetic?? It seems to me that your the pathetic one here. I can beat Heimers fine, while you have enough trouble beating them that you are shamelessly complaining and whining on the forums. Thnx for your comments. They were amusing to read.

Stormiy

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgiemaster View Post
Lol! Me? Pathetic?? It seems to me that your the pathetic one here. I can beat Heimers fine, while you have enough trouble beating them that you are shamelessly complaining and whining on the forums. Thnx for your comments. They were amusing to read.
Well i did not say that i cant beat and that you cant destroy them. I said that it is utter **** boring and takes away fun from game. Why would YOU want to counter some no-skill ******* who just build turrets in brushes and stay there till the game ends and still manage to get kills. WHY ... We dont need that! We need FUN champions not boring crowds of people who do absolutely nothing to counter others but everyone else counters them. Did you get me? I think we are living on different planets, the issues you see in that character are completely different from my view.

Wedgiemaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

Oh, I totally understand. I agree that he should be removed because he interrupts the flow of the game. However, I like countering the "no-skill *******" because I know their weaknesses and its fun to crush them. =3
I also think its fun to play as him because nobody knows how to counter him yet. Yay for Free Wins!!! As long as he is available, I'm going to take advantage of it.

If Heimer ever gets replaced, I think he should be replaced with this guy.http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=19080

Arianna

10-21-2009

Depends on how your Morganna is built. I rape turrets without a second thought on Morganna. If Heimer isn't in my lane, I leave for 30 seconds, kill his turrets, and go back.

CyberMonkey

10-21-2009

now that Heimer has been nerfed in the recent patch, this guide is outdated. You can now kill Heimer to destroy his towers. All strategies should be mostly centered on this from now on, because it is much more efficient.

Chapp

10-21-2009

Especially since he's pretty squishy.

CyberMonkey

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapp View Post
Especially since he's pretty squishy.
actually, heimer can be quite a tanker.

AnotherFallenEve

11-02-2009

lol nunu can consume. if you are vs him heimer keep consuming the turrets when he plants them
every time just keep up withit. ashe has his aoe scatter shot move so he can kill the clusters too lol. heimy is actually imo a pretty useless character late game. all you have to do is avoid the area he is in cuz he cant do anything with out his turrets which take him forever to set up and get to level 3. with out his turrets hes nothing.

xilr

11-03-2009

Now if only someone would write a guide on how to play with Heimer post launch. The best tactic I've heard is put one point into turrets and the rest into missles and grenades..

People didnt like having to counter a defender. So they complained and complained until Heimer got nerfed in beta. Now no one fears him. Unless you play a straight up melee hero with no ranged attack, you cant honestly say your afraid of Heimer.

He is so flawed now he is a liability to his team. If he spaces his turrets out, ranged heroes kill'em off one at a time. If he clusters them together, aoe heroes eat'em all at once (how many games is morgana NOT present in, anyways?)..... If Heimer manages to set up an upgraded turret farm to the point where it is actually useful and a deterrent to pushing in his lane, then he cant run out and help the team for a team push, as his death would be like hitting one big reset button. If you havent played Heimer, you might not know just how long it takes to set up a turret farm and get those turrets upgraded. They die very easy just like Heimer. In the beta had he been in the game since launch people would have adapted to him sooner and he never would have gotten nerfed. Now people have both adapted (and apparently written a guide) and he got nerfed.

Heimer is a great concept for a character, but he just has too many drawbacks under the current rules. Too long to set up a turret farm, too long to upgrade them. Either Heimer should be fragile or his turrets should be, but having both Heimer and his turrets fragile makes him a lackluster hero and a poor addition to a team.

cF Dawgy

11-03-2009

Morgana's Tormented Soil usually only takes them down to half health. She usually can't get two of them off in a row, or something is seriously wrong with the other team.

Twitch's Spray and Pray, as someone said earlier, is an effective strategy to countering turrets, and you see him in almost every game... so yah.