Solo ranked is retarded!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InstaPwn

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormylar View Post
One thing I've noticed that makes a huge impact in games is ATTITUDE. If you don't have the right attitude, you won't win. Period. Just because you're losing because someone is feeding, raging at them, flaming at them, shooting them down with insults isn't going to make the game better, it's going to make it worse. The game is already going badly, if you want to win, why would you hurt your chances by taking the wrong attitude?

Whether you have a bad attitude or not, your teammates, I'm sure time after time have bad attitudes and it hurts the rest of the team. Be encouraging and polite, and it can go along way to make your game better. May not work every time, but that doesn't mean it's useless.
You're preaching to the choire man. I don't rage in game because after 2000 games i know intimately the woes of bad attitude. I save that for the forum and for the end game chat. In the game I used as an example i politely asked fiora to farm, and it resulted in her having 80 farm by level 7, If i had said nothing it would have been much lower. The bot lane i didn't really offer suggestions to because they were raging at each other. The sona was pretty agitated with TF I quote "WTF are you doing dude? Kill the Fing Creeps!" Taking the time to check her attitude and try to calm her wouldnt have really been worth the effort in chat. Seeing as how I had to watch for ganks and babysit. Vieger called his MIA's late but still called it, instead of raging at him i suggested he call MIAs everytime his lane was gone. When you are vsing a 13/2/9 Ryze and other such as that attitude starts to become irrelevant. Immense concentration is needed by all involved. Vieger and I would kill karma and ryze but then be wiped by sion mundo and other person i forget. Then it was just 3 squishy ragers vs A jungle Tank, Sion and a carry. not great odd against the ace.

scribnibblers

03-13-2012

my 2 cents:

There are two opposite forces that shape the Trollpocalypse that we call Solo Queue Ranked.

1)Solo Ranked is for some reason a greatly preferred format of the game for bad/new/unskilled/no-English.

Lets us say hypothetically that I am an awful player. The first thing I do is grind out enough games to get to 30. That's the only path available but once I hit 30 in addition to Dominion there are the unranked modes, group ranked, group ranked 3s, Duo ranked, and Solo ranked.

Im awful, nobody plays with me. Its sad, my computer is really bad in this hypothetical scenario. Because of my wooden comp, I cant really queue up for half the choices available at level 30. Nobody will do group ranked, ranked 3s, or Duo with me. A guy like me can either keep playing unranked and Im bored of that after grinding to 30, I can play Dominion, but League of LoL seems to be filtering me and my type of players to Solo Ranked. Its almost like its the format where I belong.

2)Most people dont like the 30% autoloss thing where you will lose 30% of your games to people who live in brazil and cant stay connected and/or other forms of trolling... but with the addition of Duo mode playing truely Solo is becoming less common. solo ranked is a very small part of the game at this point. Riot isn't going to change the game to make it troll proof because true Solo Ranked is such a small part of the bigger picture.

Final Summation:
play Duo play Group 5v5 or play the other formats dominion and 3v3

or...

join me in the Trollpocalypse that is solo ranked.

PDiddy

03-13-2012

People that say GG when vayne gets 3 kills 9min it crushes my soul. i think people give up at the lower elo's as soon as things start going badly. Ive won a game where we

1. Had lost all our turrets

2. Had only taken 5 enemy turrets

3. Had our Nexus at 1/2 health.

We litteraly just stayed in base and defended, enemy team comes running in all baroned up, noc back doors and wins the game for us. I must have voted no surrender 5+ times.

*yes noc took out 3 turrets an inhib and a nexus in under 3 min. i was shen and did end up ulting in for the last turret and nexus)

Moral - attitude, always believe you can win. even when you don't you will learn, At low elos people don't play the smartest. There's always a chance. Even if its 10% thats more than the 0% if you surrender or give up mentally.

InstaPwn

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribnibblers View Post
my 2 cents:

There are two opposite forces that shape the Trollpocalypse that we call Solo Queue Ranked.

1)Solo Ranked is for some reason a greatly preferred format of the game for bad/new/unskilled/no-English.

Lets us say hypothetically that I am an awful player. The first thing I do is grind out enough games to get to 30. That's the only path available but once I hit 30 in addition to Dominion there are the unranked modes, group ranked, group ranked 3s, Duo ranked, and Solo ranked.

Im awful, nobody plays with me. Its sad, my computer is really bad in this hypothetical scenario. Because of my wooden comp, I cant really queue up for half the choices available at level 30. Nobody will do group ranked, ranked 3s, or Duo with me. A guy like me can either keep playing unranked and Im bored of that after grinding to 30, I can play Dominion, but League of LoL seems to be filtering me and my type of players to Solo Ranked. Its almost like its the format where I belong.

2)Most people dont like the 30% autoloss thing where you will lose 30% of your games to people who live in brazil and cant stay connected and/or other forms of trolling... but with the addition of Duo mode playing truely Solo is becoming less common. solo ranked is a very small part of the game at this point. Riot isn't going to change the game to make it troll proof because true Solo Ranked is such a small part of the bigger picture.

Final Summation:
play Duo play Group 5v5 or play the other formats dominion and 3v3

or...

join me in the Trollpocalypse that is solo ranked.
That sums it up pretty nicely, which leads me to believe my only choice is to wait for next seasons reset and play strictly with Duo Partners. Solves my problem in the long run but not my current predicament. It's not even that I am bored with Norm 5v5 but that i want to be able to play ranked with my friends. Seeing as how I am low Elo I don't feel like it would be worth playing with them and risk them getting stuck in my trollpocalypse with me. My intention is to help them increase in rank not to have them decrease because they are forced into Elo hell with me. 5v5 ranked teams is another route I could take. But that would require some games vs people with decent skill level in order to prepare for it. playing vs other 900's is hardly a challenge in the laning phase. But when the team fights start is when the fun of ill communication and trolling takes its toll.

scribnibblers

03-13-2012

that said, I like SQR the way it is. I consider it hardcore mode

Ganxu

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstaPwn View Post
I play Carry.

~Irritated InstaPwn

I'm sure you're a good carry, but to climb out of elo hell you need to be able to play whatever the team needs, not just carry. Enjoy being forever at 1k.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

To be honest, if you can't get out of 900 ELO, you probably deserve it.

scribnibblers

03-13-2012

its a common misconception that the laws of the universe still exist in low elo play. comparing it to the higher elo im sure you've experienced Amaltron is like comparing apples to whatever is on the other side of black holes

EK aiDurandal

03-13-2012

solution to problem play support easy as that

zinc0514

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstaPwn View Post
No, we didn't have a jungler. That's not the issue though because we could have easily gotten our own buffs and counter jungled if the team was competent. A jungler IMO does not ensure victory. I could have jungled but then someone would have been solo top and like I pointed out in description of game only capable player was vieger. In all likelihood if fiora was solo she would have done worse and had less farm then i hand fed her.
if u dont understand jungler wont make a change for better chance to win the game, then, i can see why u get stuck at 9xx elo. And tell u what, 2vs 1 in ranked game is not a smart decision. If your solo is suck, then you can also gank top to make it back.