Solo ranked is retarded!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InstaPwn

03-13-2012

All my friends are 1300+ Elo, and I have proven time and time again I am just a good as they are. I'm stuck at 970 because I always play ranked Solo. Every other game you get stuck with idiots. I play tank and feed my carry's or melees creeps and they refuse to farm. I play Carry and no one plays tank or when they do they are horrible at it. I play support and it is the same as tank. The carry doesn't know how to farm. That's without even mentioning that hardly anyone buys wards, late MIA's and horrid communication.

What could I possibly do to get out of Elo Hell? Play one game a day because I wait for a Duo partner, and take 3 months to climb out? Playing a carry to ensure a victory doesn't work every game. The only option I can see is waiting for next season to even play ranked and only play with a Duo partner who I can trust.

I have played over 2000 games and I know how to play. I know most of you will say I belong there but I know I don't. I can play and build any class effectively and know the meta for ranked. My top rank is 1366. I'm not saying I am the best but I am definitely not worthy of a score under 1200. 1366 is probably an accurate ranking, and where people of my skill level are at.

~Irritated InstaPwn

Morrocker

03-13-2012

Ummm...

ok, first of all If your TOP ranking is 1366 you definitively dont belong there, thats your highest achievement and not your regular level.

Second you story sounds really terrible, but statistically its imposible for you to ALWAYS have the short end of the straw. That said, maybe you're competent, but not great. So, in even matches your skill is not enough to give you the edge?

Also it is widely know that Duo partner increases your winning chances by a fair amount. If you dont know someone who's "up-to-your-level" then try making some acquaintance to Duo.

Maybe, just maybe, you should reflect if luck is really the decisive factor or if you are doing something wrong. From your post it seems like you're a) Godlike, b) High-egoed

deirin

03-13-2012

boff...its kind of expected to run into a bad team in elo hell...or a team with 1 afker or 1 feeder or 1 baddy or 1 or 2 lane fail... u gotta learn to play with it...call mia for fail teammates who dont know how to...call gank...etc...etc...

like recently i was in a bad team and nearly turned things over all by myself...but then again they failled too hard...and kept feeding...was sad...like i could kill every single hero of opposite team 1v1 or 1v2...but they 1v5 me...**** and pushed towers...and my team just failled too much was sad sad sad...

anyway...im in elo hell too and my top elo is like 1500 (unsure how many games i got)...i dont think ur top elo should be considered to consider your skills

duo is indeed best way to get outta there i guess and playing when you got the state of mind to win...
sometimes you just play better than some other times...

InstaPwn

03-13-2012

I have people that are reliable and can Duo but like I said I play this game A Lot, and I don't feel like waiting 4 months to raise my Elo by waiting for people to log on. As I said in post I do not think i am a great player but definitely a 1200+. I'll give you an example, top lane I am malph with fiora laned against solo sion. 2 waves go bye and she has 3 creeps. I told her in lobby i would feed her creeps. She finally starts farming and gets to 80 creeps by level 7 but she is 0/4/1. Bottom lane had sona and TF vs Karma and someone else I forget who. Sona has 30 creeps by level 6. TF has 40 and is harassing more than farming. Our only decent player was mid vieger who hit like a truck at level 6, but was lacking in the MIA's. I did not die to ryze but he killed fiora 3x hence her early game score. After that it snowballed to a loss. vieger was 7/2/8 and I was 2/3/9, the rest of the team was like 8 deaths each. Game ended at like 30 minute mark. How could I have possibly fought back from that?

deirin

03-13-2012

you had no jungler?...rolf

InstaPwn

03-13-2012

Calling MIA's for failed teammate's and picking up the slack of other teammate's in my opinion is somthing a high ranked player is capable of, someone that is truly like 1600+. Someone such as myself who believes they deserve 1200-1300 rank, It's not as easy to climb out of Elo Hell. I see all these threads about people climbing out of Elo hell on alternate accounts or friends accounts. But on their accounts they are 1800+. How can anyone even base any judgment on other people when you are clearly well above the people you are playing against. The only really significant climbing for a player like that would be getting from 1400-1800. not getting from 900-1300.

InstaPwn

03-13-2012

No, we didn't have a jungler. That's not the issue though because we could have easily gotten our own buffs and counter jungled if the team was competent. A jungler IMO does not ensure victory. I could have jungled but then someone would have been solo top and like I pointed out in description of game only capable player was vieger. In all likelihood if fiora was solo she would have done worse and had less farm then i hand fed her.

deirin

03-13-2012

well .... nah ... high ranked actually dont need to be told w/e
they see it for themselves and ward the **** of the map...from what i see...
(which is another way to get out of elo hell...map awareness...and appropriate gank...)
but yea idk i will not comment your game play or your skill since i have no idea of how you play

Ormlyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

One thing I've noticed that makes a huge impact in games is ATTITUDE. If you don't have the right attitude, you won't win. Period. Just because you're losing because someone is feeding, raging at them, flaming at them, shooting them down with insults isn't going to make the game better, it's going to make it worse. The game is already going badly, if you want to win, why would you hurt your chances by taking the wrong attitude?

Whether you have a bad attitude or not, your teammates, I'm sure time after time have bad attitudes and it hurts the rest of the team. Be encouraging and polite, and it can go along way to make your game better. May not work every time, but that doesn't mean it's useless.

SC x CptTwuitles

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormylar View Post
One thing I've noticed that makes a huge impact in games is ATTITUDE. If you don't have the right attitude, you won't win. Period. Just because you're losing because someone is feeding, raging at them, flaming at them, shooting them down with insults isn't going to make the game better, it's going to make it worse. The game is already going badly, if you want to win, why would you hurt your chances by taking the wrong attitude?

Whether you have a bad attitude or not, your teammates, I'm sure time after time have bad attitudes and it hurts the rest of the team. Be encouraging and polite, and it can go along way to make your game better. May not work every time, but that doesn't mean it's useless.
Just look at CLG. There is a reason why they keep losing against other pro teams and it is not just the skill level.