Getting Bored - Need unconventional builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
AD Janna.

Max shield, disrupt, carry.

Do eet!!
AD Janna is not unconventional tho. its actually pretty good ( look up summoner Necks, although they seem to have fell off the planet )

---------

@ Pretzel

what runes/masteries you running on tank ashe

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
Problem is that while fun when it works, the short range on the splash from Tiamat makes the build not really worth the time and effort.
It aint that bad in dom since people are usually rather close to begin with. Eaither way you at least get enough AD that even when they aren't close you are able to put out some damage, even if its glass cannon

Commander Yordle

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
AD Janna is not unconventional tho. its actually pretty good ( look up summoner Necks, although they seem to have fell off the planet )

---------

@ Pretzel

what runes/masteries you running on tank ashe
Marks - MPen
Seals - Armor
Glyphs - CDR
Quints - MPen

9/21/0

Commander Yordle

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthday Deluxe View Post
It's too bad there's no room in that tanky Ashe build for a Wit's End. You'd benefit a little more from the magic pen and the attack speed would let you spam slows even more, and you'd still get some defense. Odyn's seems like the better durability-oriented option, though. I think I'm just obsessed with Wit's End.

On the rare occasion that I would play him, I sometimes built Void Staff on Rammus for similar reasons, though it synergizes with his kit a little better.

I've been meaning to try AP Turtledyr. Probably would be less than optimal, but having a huge shield is always fun. AD Malzahar can wipe the floor with most common bottom lanes, including a lot of champions who would melt his face if he were going AP. Imo he isn't as good at anchoring down on someone's point and holding it as other bot laners are, and he's pretty vulnerable to ganks, as well, but he can run people over and assault points with relative impunity.
Great, now I want to try AD Malz. Only problem is that I don't own him. >.>

A Sah Shi

03-13-2012

AP Shen is pretty silly for the sake of seeing that giant white shield encompassing an ally's entire health bar. And with Shadow Dash now having an AP ratio its even better. =)

Degnared

03-13-2012

I'm partial to Triforce Taric when I want to do something silly but semi-viable. Works best against an AD heavy team (Obviously. This is Taric we're talking about. But it's not that restrictive, since 3 AD + 1 AP top is pretty common). Boots + chain + cloth start, or just boots + chain if you want to get to glacial shroud faster. Rush frozen heart. Get CDR boots if you need it to get cap, ninja tabi or merc treads otherwise (I recommend either going all out on CDR/lvl runes + masteries for the full 20%, or only taking the 4% in offense for this reason). I find merc treads to be not that useful on Taric, since most people wont waste cc on you (and if they do, consider it a good thing).

Now you're tanky and have 40% cdr, and your career up to this point is most as a heal/stunbot with a nice armor buff/debuff.

Next, start building triforce pieces. I usually go phage->zeal->sheen. Buy more defensive items as necessary. Here's where the magic starts: with the attack speed from triforce, constantly attacking a target will allow you to cast heal almost in sync with triforce's cooldown. After triforce, I usually build a rageblade or a wit's end if the game hasn't ended yet.

At this point, you have decent AD, a small but noticeable about of AP, tons of armor, and, mostly importantly a high attack speed. Have fun abusing a 3 second heal. Once you reach this point, you become a nigh-unstoppable 1v1 machine, and getting you off a tower is ****-near impossible.

The reason this build is only semi-viable is because you have no support itemization except the FH aura, and Taric is a poor fighter until after triforce (8000 gold), at which point the game is probably ending soon. For best results, queue with friend playing a champ that can abuse your on-demand stuns to help early game go a little more smoothly (brand, cassio, poppy, vayne, etc.)

03-13-2012

Tank morg? It's really a strong bot and does great damage. I go Catalyst and pot to Frozen heart, SV, Odin's, zhonyas, then thornmail/abyssal. If the game lasts, I'll sell the SV for either WotA or void staff. I took on a jax, malz, and twitch solo and killed them outside of my turret and survived with a clutch zhonyas as twitch's poison was about to kill me. Fun build and it works and people on your team think you're a troll until you triple kill the gank on you lol.

GaryFrackinOak

03-13-2012

I love playing me some AD Sona.

Most priceless moment is when I get jumped by an enemy Twitch on my way to top.

Q -> Right Click takes 80% of his HP.

Runs with his tail between his legs as he dies from my Ignite.

Don't **** with Sona.

JZisPro

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
So I'm starting to get a bit bored of LoL. Nowadays I play nothing but Dom because of the obvious flaws with SR, but even Dom is starting to become dull to me. So, I'm now searching for unconventional / troll builds that actually work to spice up my gameplay a bit.

So far the only one that I've found that works relatively well is tank Ashe. Build usually goes Sorc Shoes -> Thornmail -> Warden's Mail -> Frozen Mallet -> Odyn's Veil -> Void Staff. The idea is to be a tanky slow-bot while using your ult to interrupt captures. Bruisers and assassins are extremely popular on Dom, so with this build they usually kill themsleves on the Thornmail if they try to 1v1 Ashe.

So, what are your favorite unconventional build that actually works? I'll give each serious build a try on Dom.
I had a similar issue a while back, so I created a challenge for myself. I played through all my available champions A-Z until I got a win on each. A win being a game where I was not carried, and certainly > 1.0 K/D or top 2 in points. I've played almost 150 Dominion games over the past 30 days keeping track of my games, items I bought, K/D ratios, masteries, runes, win/loss and keeping all the replays.

It was challenging and I'm still going. Each week they come out with new free champions I do the ones that I have not done yet. Of course I can no longer go A-Z, but I do with the free champions. Meaning if Ahri and Anivia are free this week and you have a win on neither you play Ahri until you win, no matter what. And it's fun, some champions are... easy, some champions are much better than you would expect, and some are just downright difficult.

If anyone is interested in what champions I've done so far, I've shared my google doc tracking my progress:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...W5TTUlWTmpvU2c

Shaxtenn

03-13-2012

AP Nunu
Lich Bane Janna
Lich Bane Orianna - Not so unusual, but playing her at all is unconventional.
full tank Heimer - Turrets will push for you, so you can sit there like an immovable boulder.
Tanksticks - Max CDR with tank items like FH and Visage to throw out crippling CC. Your team needs damage from elsewhere.
AD Kennen