Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Could use some AD Ranged help... (Vayne specifically)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyliner

03-13-2012

So, I've mastered AP carry, solo top, and jungling.

I just purchased Vayne and need some help.

I run 21/9/0 masteries and AD reds & quints, armor seals, and mr glyphs.

Last hitting is no problem, but I just don't know when to push the turret down and start roaming/team fighting.

Everyone says Vayne is a late game hyper carry which I have no doubt that she is.

But I just can't seem to find that damage. I usually end up 3-0 or so during laning phase, buy Zerker's Greaves, Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer. Then team fights start and every single time I get insta gibbed while doing practically nothing to the enemy squishies.

HALP PL)Z!

DerGregorian

03-13-2012

Well why are you getting insta gibbed? thing with Vayne is you need a strong frontline to blow most of the enemies skills before you get there. If you go in even slightly too early expect someone or something to come flying towards you pretty quickly.

Vayne doesn't take hits well at all, usually in team fights I hang around way out back where your AP mid usually is then wait for the tank and bruisers to go in pop my ult the tumble towards the side of their team. Save condemn for getting a stun or if someone runs towards you, just tumble spam and hit their carries.
Vaynes also amazing at eating tanks so don't be afraid to poke them with your silver bolts if you get the chance.(tumble forward, auto then condemn)

*EDIT*
For items, grab zerk boots then BT/BC Zeal then BC/BT then PD.
Tumble has a nice AD bonus on it so getting AD up is hugely important, and you'll often only really be poking people with 3-6 autos at a time during the time it takes you to build these anyway.
Avoid 1v1's unless you're in supercarry mode and exhaust any and all melee champs that get close to you.

SoNuTz

03-13-2012

I would put Black Cleaver as a situational item depending on the other team's comp and item build.

Ever try rushing a Blood Thirster?

Llanoraw

03-13-2012

I would say DerGregorian is pretty much right.

I want to add that Vayne is exceptional at chasing enemies to finish fights with her passive.
If one of the enemies likes to run past your team to come for you, I have one trick. I lure them a little further back and flash past them and tumble to the enemy squishies and take them down that way.

If you want an AD carry that can initiate. Ashe is awesome with that arrow.

Skyliner

03-13-2012

I totally get it now.

I was always initiating.

(**** greed)