How do I deal with Yorick when playing Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

an actual dog

03-13-2012

I've played Nasus enough that I can manage to farm against most tough top laners... Garen, Kennen, Riven. But I just got ****ing murdered by a Yorick. Any time I'd go up for a last hit or even just to autoattack to lifesteal some health back he'd send out his ghouls. My lifesteal and philo stone were not enough to sustain me, and eventually it got to the point where he could kill me at my tower with my ult up. I couldn't farm and ended up being pretty much useless.

How do I deal with this monster?

Nothcliff

03-13-2012

Your q procs off of Yorick's minions. I've heard much talk about Nasus countering Yorick and I tried it myself. Yorick is one of the easiest champs to raise your q on. Other than that just play like you don't give a **** about anything, that's what Nasus does. Before you know it, Yorick will try to harass you and a q will hit him for quite the heavy impact.

Deathnor

03-13-2012

move up early for that last hits, q his ghost instead (the spell vamp one) move forward get that last hit repeat. you will take a ton of early harrass just make sure and get HP pots each time back. just pretend hes gonna harrass u hard and act like it.

an actual dog

03-13-2012

I know I can Q his ghouls, I was trying that, but he sends a few of them at once and they do their damage too quickly. Not only that but killing them doesn't give any gold. Nasus can't survive on his Q alone, he needs his items.

Powerstoned

03-13-2012

The problem is that you don't just want to "deal with" Yorick, you want to both aply "deal with" & "farm" and that's just not in the cards realistically.

If you need help just "dealing with" a Yorick, lvl up R>E>W>Q, and don't worry too much about farming with SS until level 12 or later(yes i know that sucks). I know you probably don't want advice that includes "O, and you can forget farming", but vs Yorick, expect it, he can deny minion farming hard.

Yorick is simply a great counter to Nasus's farming ability(or any melee that's slowly autoattacking minions).

Obviously, you can't just let his ghouls hit you to farm, but when you do, all you'll do is run in, get in maybe 2 or 3 last hits, get hit atleast 2 or 3 times by Yorick and his ghouls, and hopefully you're not down but another 30% or so in health. and you really can't do that twice quickly, and for what?

OR you be smart about it, and can lvl up Spirit Fire first for some ranged damage, then lay on a Wither while he's standing over it, and go hit him a few times and possibly run him out of the lane (or accept that he'll do it to you).

Zeero

03-13-2012

Runes - 25 ArPen from reds and quints, Flat Armor, and Flat Mres. Start with a meki and two pots and build an early chalice. Level up Spirit Fire first. You will easily be able to withstand his harass, still farm your Q and probably give him some good harass back as well. I've successfully laned against Yorick without a problem. It is hard to do anything other than stalemate the lane and keep up with him in farm however. Nasus scales much better late game so a stalemate with equal farm = you win the lane and hopefully the game later on.

ViashinoWizard

03-13-2012

You can get Q farm off his ghouls, but it's not really worth it. They still don't give gold, they're actually a little tricky to last-hit, and to do so you have to stand near them and let them smack you. It's better to just avoid them and farm regular minions, unless Q comes off cooldown and there aren't any minions nearby. Honestly, Yorick is a good counter to Nasus.

A good tip for fighting Yorick with anyone: duck into the brush to de-aggro his ghouls. This won't work if he has vision of the brush, though, so don't stand to close too it. Otherwise, a savvy Yorick will spawn his Omen of Pestilence inside the brush.

If you really want to piss Yorick off, have a Twisted Fate on your team to make his ghouls give 2 gold.