Help Needed - Ashe Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiacshape

07-31-2010

I am struggling to find the best suitable masteries for Ashe. Some people go 21/0/9, some go 9/0/21 and I am unsure about 15/0/15. I tend to run out of mana quickly unless I get 3/3 Meditation and I feel like I am losing damage if I don't get 3/3 Sunder. My usual build is 9/0/21. Would appreciate any help into which build is best for Ashe and/or insight into the builds of why their bad and what changes should be made?

Also if this helps the runes I use are:
9x Armor Penetration Marks
9x Mana Regen Seals(scaling)
9x Mana Regen Glyphs(scaling)
3x Armor Penetration Quintessences

Here are three variations of the builds I use.
21/0/9
9/0/21
15/0/15

xpsychedelico

07-31-2010

In general, if I start out with Doran's Shield instead of a Mana Crystal (I don't have mana regen runes), I find myself running out of mana at some point, but not quickly. You don't want to be spamming Volley all the time, just last hit effectively, and use your passive to harass. Your mana regen runes should be more than sufficient to run 21/0/9 really.

9/0/21 is a waste, as the best thing in the offense tree is the 15% magic penetration. It's worth a lot more than an extra 1 armor pen, really. Ashe also doesn't really benefit as much from the utility tree.

15/0/15 doesn't look too bad, although I think you could run 19/0/11 to get full MP regen and the extra crit damage bonus.

I always run 21/0/9, by the way.

Zodiacshape

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i use the same rune page for ashe, and generally stick with 9/0/21 because i'm lazy and don't want to respec (also for the cdr, mana regen, buff duration, and flash cdr). if you don't care about the summoner spell cdr, you could just take two points out of utility (the 21 point and then whatever extra point you don't want) and get all three ranks of sunder.

really, the 4 extra armor pen won't matter for the first few levels since you'll have more penetration than they'll have armor. i go straight damage and a.pen with ashe as far as items, so maybe that's why i don't feel like i have problems dealing damage? i build as follows:
[start] faerie charm x2, health pot x3
boots of swiftness
infinity edge
youmuu's ghostblade
brutalizer
(if the game's still going...)
zeal
zeal

how are you building her, item-wise?
Doran's Blade or Long Sword
Berserker Greaves or Boots of Swiftness
Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster
Last Whisper

That is pretty much my core setup.

Zodiacshape

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
oh, so that last whisper isn't doing anything for you really if you get black cleaver--especially if your team has any armor reduction from stark's or skills. % based penetration happens after all reduction and flat penetration, so if you're using bc they'd have to have more than 95 armor for your last whisper to penetrate anything after the fifth hit.

try the item build that i use and see how it works with your different mastery setups. build in this order:
boots of swiftness
brutalizer
infinity edge
brutalizer > youmuu's
brutalizer

if your laning phase is going nice and smoothly, and you're able to farm up and get easy kills a little longer than normal, then you can pick up the infinity edge before your brutalizer, but otherwise you shouldn't starve yourself--you need damage.
I will give it a try but I am not too fond of ghostblade lol XD.