how to counter thornmail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phenox1293

03-12-2012

Well i was master yi and my team consisted of olaf and karthus vs heimer, graves, rumble. iw as rocking heads but my team was garbage. then other team held the game out long enough to buy a thornmail for each of them and now im getting 1000+ thornmail damage per each champion.

How can i counter thornmail???? I had a last whisper and a 3/4 stacked bloodthirster and still no help. The "wait for the ap carry" answer is no go b/c like i said my ap carry was garbage. Anyone have suggestions on what to do in that situation?

MessiahForHire73

03-12-2012

Build some magic resist -- Thornmail deals magic damage.

If you don't want to sacrifice damage output, just build another Bloodthirster for more lifesteal. Thornmail deals 30% back, so with above 30% lifesteal, you're healing the Thornmail damage you're taking. Of course you'd still be getting focus, so if it's their focus killing you more, that won't really help you.

Koldheartedjsp

03-12-2012

life stela, magic resist. Trust me thornmail is NOT a big concern, especially for yi. Yi's one of the few champs that feels thornmail the least due to his double strike

Prefix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-12-2012

How to counter Thornmail unless you are just get bloodthirster (I actually usually just run lantern then get like cleaver/Witts end and just do more damage.

If the whole other team uses thorn mails u need bloodthirster

Dizzazzter

03-12-2012

Last Whisperer > Lifesteal > QSS

Daenios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Don't play Master Yi. Simple as that. I also like how you call your teammates garbage but you play Master Yi. LOL.

thomba

03-13-2012

my counter for thorn mail is

loads of lifesteal
and magic resist

HEXXEN9x

03-13-2012

on hit effects and spell vamp. it works but may be slower to build.

been awile since i played TT but im sure hextech is a night mare to build O.o

SheriffV2

03-13-2012

Seriously? I was facing an enemy Fiora who had only a Vamp Scepter, and it totally negated the damage from my Thornmail >_<

Prefix

Master Recruiter

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
Seriously? I was facing an enemy Fiora who had only a Vamp Scepter, and it totally negated the damage from my Thornmail >_<
Lets say they got 30ish mage res and 15 lifesteal thornmail wont hit much back on them (not even noticeable)

If they got a lantern and a bit of mage res it pretty much literally negates it fully

If you are facing an AP caster Witts end is great against thornmails.

Remember mage res alone is guna do **** against thornmail 100 mage res = 50% less damage from thornmail its cheaper to just build a vampire scepter but if you are facing mages you might want those items anyways.