Go ahead... Call me a noob...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeoBudy

07-12-2012

....But lately a buddy of mine and I have been cleaning up with a fun little strategy on Normal queue. It's a pretty standard support/ranged carry lane, except he goes Ashe, and I go Nunu.

Here's where it gets interesting.

He rushes The Black Cleaver and maxes Frost Shot early. I max Blood Boil and rush Zeke's Herald. (INB4 "Zeke's Herald is such a noob item").
Either way, the general idea is to throw as much offensive support on Ashe as possible. So basically I just lock someone down with ice blast and once he's on to them with a black cleaver and lv4 frost arrows, they're dead in 5-6 hits. Keep in mind though, his AS is nearing 1.8 by this point between blood boil and zeke's (not to mention dat lifesteal). Since he doesn't need to build any lifesteal or AS at this point, he can just continue down the AD path with an IE. I usually go for Aegis next (for the nifty little AD + defense aura). Then we play it by ear from there. First game we tried it turned out to be a 4v5. And we were on the 4-man side of it. We won that game around the 34 min mark after we secured Ashe two back-to-back quadra kills. He ended up something like 34-5-4 and I had 33 assists. We've had considerable success with this since then, but it has to be a fluke right?

We're both ~500 wins, but we're mostly just trolling around normal queue trying these fun little combos. Let me know what you think.

Uncle Ray Rayz

07-12-2012

I see this combo every now and then in ranked, if the nunu is good... its a pain to play against! :*(

LeoBudy

07-12-2012

Good to see it's not just a fluke. It's a little slow to get rolling, but right around lv5-6 it really starts to pull its weight. Once we have zeke's and black cleaver on our side it gets really dangerous.

Parafusion14

Recruiter

07-13-2012

Not going to lie, this seems way to stronk

Shadow HunterOO

07-13-2012

Leo, you and your buddy should try doing Urgot/Rammus bottom, ult them as Urgot and have Ram taunt them into your tower, enjoy the rage :3

King Kappa

07-13-2012

Try it in ranked and win ALL DA ELO

Lajinn5

07-14-2012

NOOB, lol, jk, interesting comp, i wanna try it with my friend

GreatPotato2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

Nunu as a blood boil support has been pretty common lately. typically used more with kog so he can passively farm to late game.

Kiohai

07-14-2012

kayle and skarner is a combo a friend and I use. slows, slows and auto attacks everywhere.

yellow2mellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

pretty cool, i've actually seen it once or twice lately (maybe i saw you? )