Why are the people in this community *******s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

03-12-2012

I can't help it. I always hear "dom has a better community" but really its a load of BS.
We get some of the worst of the community.

My last game our zigg's computer froze and he had to restart. He didn't get back for a bit, but he did come back we almost had a comeback, and instead of losing 0 to 400, we lost 0 to 76. What really pisses me off is that people on my team still wanted to report him.

Whats worse is this is a personality trait that plagues this community. Report happy ****weeds. I'm sorry some of you guys don't have lives families or bad luck that may suddenly and unexpectedly inhibit your game play, but don't be such ****** bags about it.

If someone doesn't move off the platform right away, reported.
If someone gets a d/c, reported
if someone has a family that unexpectedly takes em away, reported.

Seriously I see people get bull**** reports more than I see people get reported for saying in chat "I'm going AFK in base have fun"

This community is as bad as the SR community, and it's really sad. They got more rage we got trolls and jackasses.

/rant

Bobnot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

If I was in your game, even on your team, I wouldnt report the Ziggs.

Sometimes there are things out of our control that comes up and makes us leave games early (Given that Dominion games are often short and go between 10-20 min on average) I beleive that someone shouldn't be reported for something they cannot control.

Forbiddian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

It's fast, it's fun!

Hot Teen Gays

03-12-2012

community is the same for any game mode

it's the league of legends community, in general, that is bad, not a specific portion of them.

ActionButlerGO

03-12-2012

I have a family, a life, and bad luck. I still don't leave or afk in-game.

Well, except that one game where Riot's servers went down and everyone dc'd.

That's the whole point of Dominion, though, isn't it? That the games are that much shorter and, thus, are a viable form of entertainment for people who only have 20 minutes here and there. If I leave my team in a 4v5 lurch, I expect them to report me because Dominion is that much more difficult when you only have 4. Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry that your Ziggs' had to disconnect for technical problems, but until we have a pause function, or a loss forgiveness due to uneven teams, that dc put the other two people on your team in a losing situation whether or not you felt wronged by it.

We have to work within the confines of the system that we have. Until we have a way to mitigate the loss of a teammate, I will keep reporting dc's and afks.

Of course, that hinges, entirely, on what you mean by, "a bit". Was he gone for a few seconds? Or five minutes? I don't report anyone who drops out for just a brief time, but if they are gone for a significant portion of the game, that is another story.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Action has it.

That game being so close after your friend came back tells me it could have been a victory if he was there from the start.

Yaladilae

03-12-2012

Dom Forum has a much better community, i think that should have been the original message you received instead

Kierloway

03-12-2012

Reporting people for disconnections is a waste of time. I understand if they disconnect every game or on a regular basis, sure I guess those reports would add up and Riot would see to it they can't play anymore...but reporting someone for a d/c that tries to come back is not going to do anything. Why would they ban or punish someone for random occurrences. I've seen people type in they had to change laundry, which yeah I reported them because that's just too much. They left twice in the game, for a couple of minutes each time. But for a d/c and such, I don't report. Just seems like a spoiled brat thing to do. It's out of your hands so leave it alone. Yeah it sucks and it happens to all of us, but it's an online game and if you've been gaming for any amount of time in the last few years you should realize it comes with the territory and you're wasting your time reporting people for something that is most likely out of their control as well. Good luck though.

Panwar

03-12-2012

I think it's funny when people say this or that community is worse/better. I've been on a lot of video game forums over the years, and they all suck. They are all filled with selfish, rude, self-entitled children. Generally in game is little better.There are a lot of good people too. You just have to learn to filter out the noise.

*edit*
As an aside, I never report people for d/cing, being afk, or leaving. I just let Leaverbuster deal with it. I figure if it just happened to be bad luck and end up on my game then they don't deserve the hassle, if it is a pattern of behavior, then Leaverbuster will get it.

Psi21

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulix View Post
I can't help it. I always hear "dom has a better community" but really its a load of BS.
We get some of the worst of the community.

My last game our zigg's computer froze and he had to restart. He didn't get back for a bit, but he did come back we almost had a comeback, and instead of losing 0 to 400, we lost 0 to 76. What really pisses me off is that people on my team still wanted to report him.

Whats worse is this is a personality trait that plagues this community. Report happy ****weeds. I'm sorry some of you guys don't have lives families or bad luck that may suddenly and unexpectedly inhibit your game play, but don't be such ****** bags about it.

If someone doesn't move off the platform right away, reported.
If someone gets a d/c, reported
if someone has a family that unexpectedly takes em away, reported.

Seriously I see people get bull**** reports more than I see people get reported for saying in chat "I'm going AFK in base have fun"

This community is as bad as the SR community, and it's really sad. They got more rage we got trolls and jackasses.

/rant
Meh, still better than SR.

The children have less time to type in such a fast pace game while trying to prove they are good.

Often in less than 25 mins I am on to the next game.

Sorry but SR loses out. Want a report or be evaluated by Tribunal? Then play SR.