Why is BlueSide better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garroth

03-12-2012

I got about 200games palyed now but havent noticed much of a difference between blue and purple though I see some people say they will queue dodge purple or that they pick diff champs for purple side.? Whats the big deal?

Triggerhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

A psychological effect? It doesn't matter to me, there both the same to me.

A N 1 M U S

03-12-2012

I've wondered the same thing. I thought perhaps blue has a slight advantage because the bottom lane on blue side can take golems before heading into lane at level one, yeilding a slight gold and exp lead, albeit a minor one.

Also, I think blue has a tad bit of an advangate when it comes to doing dragon. There jungle is attached to it, making it safer to jump out and steal dragon, or have a safe escape rout when killing it. Of course, the same applys for purple and baron, but baron comes later in the game, after two or three dragon kills. The early gold really makes a difference.

Those are just my thoughts.

xLima

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Top lane on one side is "easier" to gank than another, position of jungle mobs (IE Golems and Blue). I know there is another route on bot lane but not sure if this favors ganks or not due to the turrent being pretty much in range.

Screaming Badger

Recruiter

03-12-2012

I guess the interface's positioning takes a chunk out of purple side's screen so it restricts vision. Or maybe LoL players are just a superstitious bunch of nutters.

Luthien Kess

03-12-2012

There are significant differences, but not enough that I'd say it's unbalanced.

PYUR

03-12-2012

Blue side actually has to move their screen less considering the camera angle the game naturally sits at. I think the camera angle gives blue side a natural advantage... I'm not entirely sure why it isn't a bird's eye view directly downward.

Sam Is Whoa

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYUR View Post
Blue side actually has to move their screen less considering the camera angle the game naturally sits at. I think the camera angle gives blue side a natural advantage... I'm not entirely sure why it isn't a bird's eye view directly downward.
birds eye view would take away from visual aesthetics. the champions would all look similar and terrain would have no depth.

EmperorLin

03-12-2012

its just some small differences in the jungle like how bot lane has double golems on blue side so they get more gold but the its same thing with purple top. purple side can also pull out dragon away from the wall to make it easier to run away/prevent blue side from stealing while blue side has an easier escape route while attempting baron. as for ganking mid is the same purple top is easier while blue bot is easy too

angryWelchMan

03-12-2012

The main advantage for blue is early game wards, that is the bot support can ward up by dragon from the beginning and see both dragon and gank while purple has to ward in the bush (or near it) to watch ganks. However purple has an easier time protecting jungle or counter jungling early game, blue side has four people near blue buff while purple only has three.