Dominion community needs to see this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DD Tootulz

03-12-2012

Seriously guys... stop caring so **** much about your ELO. Just remember that its a number representing NORMAL GAMES.

This is becoming a larger problem every day, it's turning the community into elitist scum (even those who really have no business being elitist) I've been playing with a wide variety of players recently and every single one seems to care more about their ELO than actually playing the game.

This is affecting people ranging from1200 ELO all the way to the top ELO players.

It's a game, don't play OP champs if you take no pleasure in doing so, have some fun.

At least until ranked comes out

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimmy H.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

I so agree with this.

I play for fun and to hone my skill until ranked. Stroke your epeen in SR please.

FDru

03-12-2012

I got tendonitis from stroking too much epeen.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

As much as I love to stroke my normal elo mode epeen as I've never really been in the higher end of ranking in any game, I do realize that it's just normal mode. I try not to bash anybody for their elo though, that should never really be the case even for ranked mode. Take what someone says for the value of their words, not just because they are high or low elo.

Ranked would definitely be more satisfying though than spamming Jabebot all the time.

CyrisAeon

03-12-2012

1- I play competitive games to increase my skill, have exciting challenge and to increase ranking points.
2- Dominion has no Ranked mode, and likely will never get one.
3- ELO is the closest there is to this.

Therefore, I care about my ELO. Also, since I care about learning from people better then me, I pay attention to other players ELO when deciding if I should listen to their advice or not.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Wait... Are you trying to tell me to play a champion I would rather have fun with than one I get a guarantee win with? Get real! This is a GAME! We play to win, not for fun.

DG TheFeedski

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrisAeon View Post
1- I play competitive games to increase my skill, have exciting challenge and to increase ranking points.

Therefore, I care about my ELO. Also, since I care about learning from people better then me, I pay attention to other players ELO when deciding if I should listen to their advice or not.
Elo isn't always the best measurement of skill. So careful when using that to judge.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

I don't like it because it is the currently accepted ranking of players in this community.

And it shouldn't be. Because its normal.

Because if I don't have a mode to learn to play Orianna or Ezreal or test out my AP Nunu/Yi builds then there is no longer a reason to play.

It has happened to me 4 times on this very forum where my arguments were defeated because I am only 1400 normal ELO, rather than what I was actually posting about and the opinions I have about this game. Well I only play draft and if you ask me, Blind inflates it a lot.

DG TheFeedski

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrisAeon View Post
I do enjoy competitive gaming, but you also need to have fun with it. Currently, there is no ranked mode, and it will come eventually , so I see why people use elo as their position, just don't make sure it gets TOO into the way. For example, don't not play with friends just because you're worried about your elo dropping. Or don't not (yay double negatives) play a champion you think would be fun just because there is an OP one available you think you have to pick.

DD Tootulz

03-12-2012

Yo grin, when can you be on today? Would like to get some games in with ya before tonight