Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Rammus Overvalued?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kedoren

03-12-2012

Even the champions that are seemingly "simple" at first glance does not mean that skill is not a factor. Knowing where to be, when to be there, who to taunt, how to build, etc... all of this is important. I agree that I see less of Rammus (currently 2025 ELO), but he is the only champ in this game that has made me literally pound my keyboard with my fists.

OHHAI I'M RAMMUS AND I WAS BOT 2 SECONDS AGO BUT NOW YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT KILL YOURSELF BY AUTO ATTACKING ME FOR 3 SECONDS. Oh, and my taunt is on like a 10 second cooldown too. That really should be his ultimate, and a toggle-able pbae (like amumu) should be his E imo. And before the downvotes... remember, he has HUGE mitigation in his W, not to mention a built in thornmail, and his Q is a free ghost every 15 seconds WITH an aoe knockup attached.

It's bull****. I used to really hate shaco, and I still think he's annoying.... but nowhere NEAR rammus annoying. I ****ing HATE rammus. I also hate playing Rammus and it honestly feels like god mode when you have a team with even ONE brain cell between the 4 of them.

Edit: Long story short, no. Not overvalued at all.

swampfox357

03-12-2012

The champion win rate percentage does mean something. Rammus vs Yorik might not mean too much, but Ryze (52%) vs Veigar(41%) certainly does. For that matter, take Sej vs Rammus, that's a pretty major swing. 10% is a pretty significant difference. I would expect to see either difficult to play or weak champs with lower percentages, the reverse with higher.

cats

03-12-2012

Rammus is the most powerful champion since the mighty +2 boots.

BigDaddyDelish

03-12-2012

Quote:
Kedoren:
Even the champions that are seemingly "simple" at first glance does not mean that skill is not a factor. Knowing where to be, when to be there, who to taunt, how to build, etc... all of this is important. I agree that I see less of Rammus (currently 2025 ELO), but he is the only champ in this game that has made me literally pound my keyboard with my fists.

OHHAI I'M RAMMUS AND I WAS BOT 2 SECONDS AGO BUT NOW YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT KILL YOURSELF BY AUTO ATTACKING ME FOR 3 SECONDS. Oh, and my taunt is on like a 10 second cooldown too. That really should be his ultimate, and a toggle-able pbae (like amumu) should be his E imo. And before the downvotes... remember, he has HUGE mitigation in his W, not to mention a built in thornmail, and his Q is a free ghost every 15 seconds WITH an aoe knockup attached.

It's bull****. I used to really hate shaco, and I still think he's annoying.... but nowhere NEAR rammus annoying. I ****ing HATE rammus. I also hate playing Rammus and it honestly feels like god mode when you have a team with even ONE brain cell between the 4 of them.

Edit: Long story short, no. Not overvalued at all.

There are other champs that can do that way better though. Pantheon for instance, can literally jump from bot to top in a single instance, and Kassadin's ult makes him insanely mobile. Zilean's speed up is permanent and doesn't have to build up to get to max speed. Nunu speeds himself and an ally up for a significant amount.

Hell, even Nautilus, another tank, can constantly Q terrain and get around from place to place fairly quickly, and he has way more disabling power than Rammus.

And as for his taunt, it's as easy as bringing Cleanse with you when you see him in Draft. Seriously, I've had a lot of people rage at me for not banning Rammus and when they have him take Nocturne or Riven, but whenever he taunts me I just Cleanse it and keep doing what I was doing because at that point he can't do literally anything. If he gets me without Cleanse up, then great, he deserves to disable me. But I really don't get why he's such a big deal.

If you don't have Cleanse, just buy QSS. It's the most underrated item in the game tbh, especially in Dominion, it really will save your ass.

But idk. Rammus can be frustrating if you aren't prepared for him but honestly, I just can't see what the big deal is.

Ascleph

03-12-2012

Tbh, the only reason his win rate is not higher is because he is ALWAYS banned, so most of those numbers would come from blind pick