Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who counters Olaf in solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tasty Togepi

03-12-2012

I recently played a game against an Olaf in solo top lane. All I can say is that he made my life quite miserable. What champion can counter him effectively?

Screaming Badger

Recruiter

03-12-2012

Apparently, Teemo with a full page of Def runes and nice timing on that blind can shut down melee AD's quite well.

Tasty Togepi

03-12-2012

WIll his blind work on Olaf reckless swing?

A N 1 M U S

03-12-2012

No, reckless swing will hit through blind.

Screaming Badger

Recruiter

03-12-2012

I don't think so, that's where the page of def runes come in. That aside, you should still be able to freely harass him. Most melee AD know better than to try to attack a Teemo when they're blinded. If he still comes, run, blind, and move quick after the axe throw.

Tasty Togepi

03-12-2012

But the def runes wont protect against true damage... But i understand that you can kite him. Its just when u get hit by the cleaver you are sorta gonna die since teemo is quite squishy.....

NN LiTTLE

03-12-2012

any ranged solo top counters olaf pretty hard. corki, teemo, and kennen come to mind. just start with boots+3 and avoid his throws, and he won't be able to close the gap to land the true damage.

MoChickenPlz

03-12-2012

Surprisingly enough AD Kennen shuts Olaf down hard. A couple doran's blades into a wriggles and you can harass him all day and zone him. Just E away if he ults and tries to attack you then turn > stun > win all day lol.

Absynce

03-12-2012

fiora crushes him top, can poke hard and hit back if he tries to do anythign about it, and olaf gets strong in that last 20% HP battle, but with fioras ult u just LOL

Zerthai

03-12-2012

Vlad is actually a decent counter as well. Just gotta play conservative and poke him. Make sure u dont get hit by too many axes.