Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game starts, and someone from enemy is afk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gwenn

03-12-2012

Free win? Well usually but today it wasn't.
The game starts out 5v4 with someone afk from the other team. We capture four points or five and it was quickly 400-250 or something like that. GG?

Well, someone from our team goes afk. No big deal, still 4v4. Right? Not really, someone from our team took it upon himself to uphold all that is right and moral and justice and all that good stuff. He wanted a fair match so he stood in the middle of the map where the armor buff is, and did nothing. This Alistar stood there hitting his shift + 4 while the THREE of us left on our team barely made it to capture points.

We asked him what was he doing?!?!? He responded with "I dont like free wins" "I want a fair match", obviously not realizing it has turned into a 4v3 against us. So we lost that match, but the lesson here is that when Captain Planet is busy, there is a Righteous Alistar ready to take arms and defend our planet from evil.

Warrrrax

03-12-2012

Um, ok.

Nice to see someone taking a stand like that for principles. However, personally its better for everyone if they just roll the enemy and get a brand new game going.

You will win games due to AFKers and you will LOSE games due to afkers. I go ahead and take my free win, since I get PLENTY of free losses, thats for sure!

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Warrrax's got it.

If everyone made the games even, it would be fine.

But I've had countless 4v5 (me being the 4) and never had someone help us by doing that.

But I have had my team do it to me. Good thing we won though

PyGoN

03-12-2012

I've managed to win a fair amount of 4v5s, and i am shocked every time it happens lol. Dominion games seem to always be strange in nature, at least in blind pick. Guess thats why i like it more than SR.

FDru

03-12-2012

That Alistar is my hero.

Bonabon

03-12-2012

What a ****. You can't really say that you "want a fair game" and then not take part in the game. I would have reported him for AFK or even intentionally feeding since he was standing out in the open afterward.

Nox Grim

03-12-2012

I was in this game =) Was all right that Alistar went AFK to make it even but I had to afk due to Real Life, would of been good if he came back.....

I agree with Warrrrax thou, there was about 5 games this morning where someone on my team was afk, 1 game where 2 people afk'd at the start. Really seems like I get one good game then 1 game the other team afks then 1 more where my teamates afk's.