Is -20 nexus point on quest toxic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

First it has a rather big impact, and at times it does give big help to the loosing team, but not always the case.

Sometimes its frustrating how the quest pop time could just be, defend the boneyard when your bot and half your team just died and 3 enemy champ is running towards it.
Of course there is always the opposite case where it works out great and fair.

I can't even decide if its toxic or not, or should this small quest feature be removed. But I think it should be improved somehow...

Perhaps scales by nexus health difference, or perhaps flat out -20 to the winning team, but only -10 to the loosing team?
Say if team A has 400 points, team B has 300 points
>> A wins quest, B loose 10 points
>> B wins quest, A loose 20 points

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

I don't understand, why would you want to give the losing team less? Dominion was made to be anti-snowball. Dominion players like this. You get mostly fair fights for the entire length of most matches.

I could understand the argument that the quest's timing makes it too random, but it's not any more so for the winning than the losing team.

Hékate

03-12-2012

I honestly don't often notice the difference in the grand scheme of things, but the timing can be a little obnoxious when let's say bot gets ganked and as ganker and enemy bot are running towards the cp it becomes a quest. Not a fan of that random nonsense but I haven't noticed a big impact on the overall game where I felt screwed by that mechanic.

Yaladilae

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
I don't understand, why would you want to give the losing team less? Dominion was made to be anti-snowball. Dominion players like this. You get mostly fair fights for the entire length of most matches.

I could understand the argument that the quest's timing makes it too random, but it's not any more so for the winning than the losing team.
nono, i mean say team A is at 400, team B is at 300

A wins quest, -10 to B
B wins quest, -20 to A

Guess my english is confusing

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkate View Post
...the timing can be a little obnoxious when let's say bot gets ganked and as ganker and enemy bot are running towards the cp it becomes a quest. Not a fan of that random nonsense but I haven't noticed a big impact on the overall game where I felt screwed by that mechanic.
These are kind of my feelings too.

But what would be a solution? I can't really think of any.

BigDaddyRelish

03-12-2012

The timing is really obnoxious sometimes, as well as the placement of the quest.

When you are told to defend windmill, you are almost guaranteed to lose the quest. Unless you are just flat out crushing your opponents, it can be very difficult to take their mid point away from them when there is a quest at stake on it. This is extremely annoying, and while I could understand if the opposing team is down 150 or so points, it makes me cringe when we JUST wrestle back the Windmill from them just barely making it a tie or even not really, and then the game just slaps us across the face making us defend it.

The Windmill is by far the point most frequently under contest, and is constantly changing hands. It's really a downer when you finally get yourself back in the game to have your advantage stripped away from you so quickly since the -20 and the damage boost are enormous boons to whoever gets it.

Phourc

03-12-2012

It's pretty funny when the quest finally gets popped when everyone's at like 50 nexus health... funny but pretty unrecoverable.

Zavy

03-12-2012

I hate loosing points. =(

Espy Psyche

03-12-2012

I like the quest. It forces people to play strategically instead of "fight over top".

EMeta

03-12-2012

I'm thinking that instead of the quest being bot v bot or top v mid, it should generally be windmill v bot. If one team doesn't have captured both their bot & mid, then you could have it something else. But mid v top is always uneven. Bot v top would be more fair and let players have the choice of either being defensive or offensive with regard to the quest.