Just a thought

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

I know most of you have played SR

What if the storm shield buff in the middle was removed, but instead it was replaced with a slightly weaker version of Baron (possible killable with a full group of level 9), which gives a weaker version of storm shield for your whole team (and also some gold)?

And the respawn time of this would also be reasonable to force more contest in the center of the map too.

The buff for the whole team would need to tweaked obviously to not make it super OP, game breaking.

Whi

03-12-2012

That would make the game slower.

Phourc

03-12-2012

I believe they tried this in testing and found it to be pretty bad - an undefended tower can be easily taken by a lone champion but a baron fight is a long, drawn-out slugfest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Why Quests Rather than Legendary Monsters?

While the legendary monsters in Classic League of Legends serve their purpose quite well, one of the major objectives of Dominion was to focus gameplay even further toward the player vs. player experience. Also, while a legendary monster such as Baron Nashor or Ebonmaw provides a constant focal point in neutral territory, quests are tied directly in with the strategic objectives on the Crystal Scar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Greater Relics

In addition to the Health Relics and Speed Shrines, we wanted to give players a more exciting neutral objective to fight over, as well as incentivize control over the center of the map. A long, drag out fight with a powerful neutral monster, however, didn't make a whole lot of sense in the context of the fast-paced, champion-centric combat we were going for on the Crystal Scar. Additionally, while we wanted to give the center of the map of strategic significance, we didn't want to make it so that control of this zone was more important to victory than any of the individual capture points.

Therefore, we opted to add a Greater Relic, dubbed Storm Shield, at the center of the map that would provide a strong, individual buff to allow players to break a potential stalemate without providing a significant advantage to every player on the team. Obtaining the Storm Shield equips a single champion with a personal shield and a periodic damage effect on their attacks and abilities. Additionally, Greater Relics are team specific and are picked up after a brief channel time. So while players are able to contest an enemy who is attempting to claim their team's Greater Relic, they cannot in turn steal the enemy team's buff for their own advantage.

Making Greater Relics team specific prevents one team from obtaining a snowballing lead through control of the powerful middle buffs, while maintaining their overall impact on gameplay.
And seriously, how many baron strategies aren't super gimmicky?

Smites, Wriggles, Flash/Global ult stealing... In my SR funsies premades we've had fiddle solo him so that he wasn't effected by the -75% autoattack damage, worked pretty well. Oh yeah, that's another thing, debuffs and CCs galore - ganking a team fighting baron is almost a guaranteed slaughter.

Point being, SR has dedicated dragon-and-baron killing items, let's not here xP

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Point being, SR has dedicated dragon-and-baron killing items, let's not here xP
Ahh, that does say alot =)

larkhill

03-12-2012

my understanding of the storm buff is that RIOT intended players to fight over them and deny the enemy from getting it. the problem is that people dont really fight over it at all. it just sorta goes by and nothing happens. no1 really wants to get caught out in the jungle so u rarely get a fight in the middle.

i understand that RIOT wants to focus dominion on pvp but objectives arent a bad thing. jungling isnt a bad thing. baron fights arent a bad thing. id like to see a stronger buff that requires a longer cast, but have only 1 of them. we need to make the buff something players actually care to fight for...

Yaladilae

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
my understanding of the storm buff is that RIOT intended players to fight over them and deny the enemy from getting it. the problem is that people dont really fight over it at all. it just sorta goes by and nothing happens. no1 really wants to get caught out in the jungle so u rarely get a fight in the middle.

i understand that RIOT wants to focus dominion on pvp but objectives arent a bad thing. jungling isnt a bad thing. baron fights arent a bad thing. id like to see a stronger buff that requires a longer cast, but have only 1 of them. we need to make the buff something players actually care to fight for...
Interesting you bought it up, if storm shield capture time is increase by say 50%, and there is only 1 instead of 2 in the center, that would be fun