Friends Offline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lerrem

10-19-2009

Over the past week I have consistantly had problems with my friends being online, and even sending messages to me, but my friends list still shows them as offline. It has happened multiple times, and I didnt see another thread mentioning it.

So its either A) a problem with PvP.net and I can provide any additional information if you are looking into the problem or
B) its a problem on my end and I was wondering if anybody could help me fix it.

Thanks

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2009

I've had issues too! I think everyone has, but it's really annoying.

The only thing I've found to fix it, is to log out and back in.

Grimeild

10-19-2009

same here

Lerrem

10-19-2009

I have done the same, but its not a very good long term solution. I did have one friend who I had to remove from my friends list and re-add to get him to show up as online, but this may have been a different issue entirely.

I dont have a lot of friends in the game, and most of them I usually talk to before hand and plan to meet up in game / use vent. So this isn't a huge problem for me, but I can imagine the headache somebody would have if they have a large friend list and their main communication with them is in game.

ARsEnAl51

10-19-2009

I know this happens after playing a game (whether normal or practice), when one of the person you played with is on your buddy list. It seems that, after showing the scoreboards and end-game chat room, clicking on the 'return to lobby' button makes the game consider you've left/logged out. I don't know how pvp works in the background, but it seems that it's not rejoining the right channel when it should be.

If you want to quickly fix this, try to start a normal or practice game. The lobby MUST be started in order for you to appear as back online. This means you have to go further than the first 'team size, map choice ...'-screen. Still annoying but not as tedious as restarting the whole thing...