You're an AD carry and your enemy is stacking armor...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

If you're running bot and your lane opponent stacks armor, try to trade. A good Dominion team comp has both an AD and an AP champ that can do well bot.

Like other posters said, don't worry about LW until multiple opponents have over 130 armor. Wits' End is a pretty fun counter to thornmail if the enemies don't have much MR. A p.blade, merc's, Sanguine, WE, zeal, LW, PD build will go a long way.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection View Post
Which defensive items do you find most effective to pair up with LW? Also, since building LW and defense consumes a good deal of gold, should I omit building a quick Sanguine Blade and just go straight for the arpen and health?
Depending purely on who you are playing:

Ionic Spark, Trinity, Mallet, Atmas, Glacial Shroud, Hexdrinker, Witts End, Zeke's are all good choices.

And lol @ quick + Sangine blade.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

I start to beef up with some more armor/mr/hp whatever does the trick.

Zavy

03-12-2012

I think I'd lean toward on hit + attack speed.

Archos

03-12-2012

Stacking extra damage without getting any MR is a good way to get killed against thornmail wearers. Hexdrinker ftw.

SifuCalvin

03-12-2012

^ That
You have to remember that AD has a significant advantage already in that we gain 12% Arp from Crystal Scar passive. In the context of Caitlyn, buy an early Last Whisper and just build more and more damage. A good defensive and offensive item would be Frozen Mallet. Just build more and more damage; keep your distance and take mobility summoner spells like ghost+flash so you can position yourself where you cannot be targeted.

Forestgreen02

03-12-2012

If you do Cait, just keep stacking more and more damage. Just get LW first. First figure out if your team is generally the kind of armor stacking champs, if so skip Prospectors and get Pickaxe + boots. berserkers-> vamp septor -> lw -> IE -> phantom dancer -> sanguine -> frozen mallet. For this reason, 9/10 times when I do AD, i run AD runes not ArPen.
Pro tip when playing cait is to put a trap on top of yourself if you see melee champs going for you because 9/10 times they will use their gap close on you, then hit E+Q quickly to combo and kite while dropping traps and running circles around them. Early game use auto + Q combo for damage.
If you play bot lane, don't be afraid to just ult your enemy even if they won't die. You want to chip their health so 1v1 engagements goes from a loss to a win for you. Just make sure you ult him when you pushed 3/4 of the way to his point so if he Bs for health you'll take his point when he comes back.

Ensign

03-12-2012

Rush Last Whisper. Phage and Vamp Scepter if you need the defense; defensive items on an AD carry are about surviving burst, since if you live through the burst you'll vamp back up while killing them quickly.

Kierloway

03-12-2012

I play twitch fairly often. He's a bit different because of stealth, but he's just as squishy if not squishier than some of the ranged carries because he has no escape. I find that rushing IE, PD and then adding some arm pen in the form of last whisper or the BF Sword upgrade(forgot it's name, 15 arm pen each attack, stacks 3 times) can really tear apart a tank. Throw in the sword that gives crit and life steal and you can usually blow a tank up and constantly keep him slowed with your slow. Just don't run behind singed, keep at his sides and peg him with your ranged attacks. I find this pretty effective against everyone but ww with his ult up. This happens after I've fed of course...you just have to be really careful until then otherwise.

Emeraldw

03-12-2012

Honestly, get a frozen mallet on your AD. Unless your ashe, the slow is useful, the health is good and a little AD.

Plus if you have that then get Atmas. I know, your not a Tanky DPS but it does work well after you get the needed damage items. In this mode you get enough tankiness and as an AD it should add something to your kit & damage.