How To Carry a Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronikor

03-11-2012

suuuup none of you know me so suuuup.

To carry, or not to carry - that is the question....well really...the question I have is more along the lines of is it possible to carry every game, if your team is failing hard, or you have a leaver?

I learn from I Will Dominate (personal friend of mine), a pro in the circuit and a holder of the #1 spot on ladders in season 1 for some time in the beginning, multiple plat accounts. So no troll here, I have enough skill to be higher than my current elo...and I perform very well 90% of my games. He seems to believe its possible, and he normally jungles, as do I.

but ALMOST every time I get in ranked, I swear to god i have someone who fails hard - i find this common in normal more so but at least 1 person fails hard, god forbid 2-4 people fail...but that person feeds someone, or two people and then the snowball begins...

I feel like if this was possible, it would constitute an OP champ? Perhaps my meta-game has problems, but dude I control dragon - i counter jungle effectively, and I'm taking turrets and getting kills. Is it wrong to get a kill sometimes??

I am doubting my whole understanding of this game...and the possibility of this, because once someone starts failing, their morale begins to decline, and they become less compelled to win...I want to believe that I can carry every game (even the leaver ones) - but I am having such a hard time rationalizing and strategizing its feasibility...

Please league of legends community, prove me wrong...tell me how its done...the magic code....is there some kind of secret runes/mastery that can make any champion get crazy OP that I just cant figure out? WUT IS MY PROBLEM!? WHY CANT I CARRY EVERY GAME TO A WIN?!

FaerellG

03-11-2012

As a jungler primary, I feel that it is my job to help my lanes win. I have to know why my lanes are losing and which ones.

From an end game scenario, I want to focus on which one of my teammates is going to do the most damage..either in the immediate future, or in a late game scenario. AP mid is usually going to have the most immediate benefit from me helping them, while my AD carry is usually going to have the greatest late game benefit. The whole thing is a risk/reward analysis with multiple strategies.

Sometimes your mid just needs you to feed them blue buff to turn things around. Some times, you need to gank repeatedly. Some times, it's about stopping the opposing jungler so they can't gank.

But you really need to figure out why they're failing before you can be of help.

Kronikor

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
As a jungler primary, I feel that it is my job to help my lanes win. I have to know why my lanes are losing and which ones.

From an end game scenario, I want to focus on which one of my teammates is going to do the most damage..either in the immediate future, or in a late game scenario. AP mid is usually going to have the most immediate benefit from me helping them, while my AD carry is usually going to have the greatest late game benefit. The whole thing is a risk/reward analysis with multiple strategies.

Sometimes your mid just needs you to feed them blue buff to turn things around. Some times, you need to gank repeatedly. Some times, it's about stopping the opposing jungler so they can't gank.

But you really need to figure out why they're failing before you can be of help.
This was amazingly helpful thanks - I was focusing so much on the strength of my farm/champ/build I suppose I was blinded by something as simple as prioritizing and analyzing where the enemy is weak and capatilizing on it - this has changed my approach to LoL, ill see what results it yields. Thank you kind seer.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

I agree that the jungler seems to be the best "carry" role to be honest. Not carry in the traditional sense, but to help your lanes win.

Sometimes all 3 of your lanes suck and you will lose. But more often than not, you can roam around farming, and help all 3 lanes depending on whos pushed, etc.

In doing so, you can really help get your lane off to a great start. For example, if you can get an early gank on top, even if you dont kill but just drive em back, your buddy can B, get boots/ward,whatever and come back. Or keep farming it up and be a level ahead.

A few decently done ganks (and counterjungling) can really make a big difference.

One of my best successes was with Mundo. I counterjungled the Udyr and was ganking at level 3 with blue/red, while he had no red for the first 10 minutes.
My team STILL wound up 3 and 5 and I had all 3 kills. Without me, it would have been 0 and 5...a quick loss. But with my assistance I was able to really hoze their jungler, and help my failing team make a comeback.
By the time we were done, I hardly had to do anything and watched them carry hard. In theory they were the carries, but I turned the game around.