Reasons to ban -----

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastatio Tactics View Post
Any ban list without Urgot and Yorick is definitely not worth anyone's time.
Is Yorick really worth the ban? Maybe I've just been playing against some really bad Yorick's.Every time the enemy team in Draft actually gets the opportunity to play Yorick, I just counter-pick Skarner and wipe the floor with him. The enemy team is forced to send two bottom just to hold their bottom tower, and my team wins top due to 3v4.

Udyr and Mordekaiser are also both likely to handily counter Yorick bottom too, am I wrong?

PyGoN

03-12-2012

I really dont think that anything the OP stated has any ground for relevance. . . A solid team on dominion = win regardless of the hero compisition. this is where a majority of the losses are generated, playing with a team that does not know how to dynamicly react to situations occuring on the playing field.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyGoN View Post
I really dont think that anything the OP stated has any ground for relevance. . . A solid team on dominion = win regardless of the hero compisition. this is where a majority of the losses are generated, playing with a team that does not know how to dynamicly react to situations occuring on the playing field.
I have to disagree. Relatively equally skilled players, one team without high-priority ban champs, and the other team with Wukong, Rammus, (Vayne | Ez | Graves), Kass, and Yorik? Good luck.

Ms Annie Hastur

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
No Kassadin?

No Urgot?

No Yorick?

No deal, sir.
On the point of this, I'm even less sure about why to ban them because while I know that they're OP, I have no Idea why, even less than why shen is, I know shen was made broken OP within one buff, but not specifics. I woulda put them on the list, but I really have no idea because I have never played them, or seen so much as their stats/abilities in specifics.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

What is the point of this thread?

You seem to have no idea why a champion is powerful, you even state yourself that you don't understand, and so this thread is just comical

ProSauce VT

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Hastur View Post
On the point of this, I'm even less sure about why to ban them because while I know that they're OP, I have no Idea why, even less than why shen is, I know shen was made broken OP within one buff, but not specifics. I woulda put them on the list, but I really have no idea because I have never played them, or seen so much as their stats/abilities in specifics.
Bans generally are flavor of the team/day/week/month/year. That being said, there are certainly champions whose skill cap (skill cap being the best player of a given champion in the world against another best player of a given champion in the world. The one with the higher skill cap has the advantage) is so high they can be near-unstoppable. Urgot is one such example.

Also people seem to be under the impression that Urgot and Yorick are banned because of there bot lane dominance. If this were the only reason then Udyr would be a top ban as well.

The problem is Urgot top effectively brings aoe 20% AR reduction for your whole team along with a switch/suppression and a passive that will essentially reduce all damage done by the enemy team by 15%. Not to mention his obscene range on his Acid Hunter when missile-locked.

A good Yorick bot with revive will almost never lose his point (even when successfully ganked) because of his ult/kit. The problem with Yorick top is he is a tanky Dps so he brings decent damage while not being very squishy to the table which means your not wanting to target him first. The real problem with this is: if he ults someone else (like a Vayne/Kogmaw/Ezreal/Master Yi) then you either have to kill Yorick (who's much more durable) while said ulted champion is beating on you OR you have to kill said ulted champion literally twice. Since Yorick's ult is a pet (and thus can be controlled like one) he can maneuver it anywhere he wants with the assumption said ulted champion is going to die so that when they resurrect there in a stronger position.

Kassadin should be obvious. He has strong burst/AP ratio's and he can flash over(and over and over and over) any wall in Dominon along with said flash literally growing stronger with a larger available mana pool.

Those 3 along with Rammus are the ones I either will always attempt to get in draft if first pick or will always ban if second pick. Yorick being the last on my priority list.

In regards to Shen. He finally has decent-strong damage output and the only champion left whose ult will transport him and is truly global. This isn't even mentioning the huge shield he places on the champion he's ulting on. Personally I see his ult receiving the same nerf as my dear TF did.