Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reasons to ban -----

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ms Annie Hastur

03-11-2012

This is just my personal list. Priorities are as follows - 1, Ban if you are playing the game, unless you can trick the enemy into letting you get them. -25%

2 - Ban if you want a good chance of winning -10%

3 - Ban if you want to have a good advantage/even game -5%

We are assuming in this thread that you are starting in the lobby with a 100% probability for a loss. % Under 45 are sketchy, as are all, but under here is less sketchy.

Rammus -
In a game mode where tanky DPS = god, who gets to kill god? Rammus does. Armor reduces AD, and he gets AD for armor. He is also the fastest champ in the game, and is the only "viable" BD champion, but BD isnt viable so dont do it anyway, you are leaving your team 4v5 just to abuse points in the personal score and say you did the best.
Ban priority - 1

Shen -
Im not entirely sure why he's such an issue, but he is ALWAYS an issue. Until I know more he's
Ban Priority - 2

Kog'Maw -
Kog'maw will rape your, your mother's, your dog's, your church's, your online community's, you atheist friends, and the pope's **** before you even know what hit you, and before you even know from where. His range and damage is insane, and you're better off surrendering if he starts rolling. The rapetrain has no breaks.

Though, he is so squishy people tend to avoid him, because in the pacing of dominion, tons of life+ a little damage > tons of damage + a little life.
For this reason alone, he is
Ban Priority - 2

Wukong -
Wukong's damage abilities are really nothing special, but he can be horrifying when fed, or even just when properly built and not fed.

Why is he so powerful? His passive and his W. You never know if you're hitting the right (W)ukong. His passive makes him the single most tank like of the Tanky DPS's in the game, any champion with the same build as him from the same type of champ as him will die, because he gets armor and magic resist per champion around him, and the more around him, the harder he is to kill. Given this and his insane jukability and distance closer/power auto, his ult doesnt even factor in to why you want to ban him.

Ban Priority - 1

Poppy -

Poppy is like kog, but more balanced out when it comes to surviving and hurting. She's still relatively squishy, but that doesn't matter, because everyone is squishy to poppy. She has a built in rageblade that she can activate or just let build up if she wants. This means she gains AD and Armor(rageblade replaces this with AP, item-wise.) for each attack and ability she throws at you. While I'm not sure if this is a good idea, build wise, but if she were to go malady, black cleaver, and Guinsoo's, she would only get stronger as you got weaker, all around.

Ban Priority - 2

Shaco -

Shaco is like if you took daggers and put them inside a pinata, and then you killed it and with it, you and all your friends. OH WAIT, That was just his clone, and he's still alive! While that is the most tricky, his boxes are the same principle. You've broken him pretty hard, and he's running, out of mana. Goes into a bush, you follow in, suddenly, you lose control of your champ and are dead. Surprise!

Now, all you have to do is not follow him into the bushes, right? That's easier said than done on dominion, but still doable. Right? You doubt the greed of players.

Ban priority - 3 (He is not often free to play and is an extremely expensive champion, if this wasn't the case, he'd be spot one)

Feel free to suggest others and resons.

zionist shill

03-11-2012

Did you know that 69% of facts are made up on the spot? True facts.

ProSauce VT

03-11-2012

Any ban list without Urgot and Yorick is definitely not worth anyone's time.

Bonabon

03-12-2012

Quote:
Little Hastur:
Poppy -

While I'm not sure if this is a good idea, build wise, but if she were to go malady, black cleaver, and Guinsoo's, she would only get stronger as you got weaker, all around.
That's a terrible idea, but since it's Poppy she could probably get away with it in the right hands.
Really, all Poppy needs is Sheen, Boots of Mobility and Zeals/Phantom Dancers.
Anything else and you risk looking like a tryhard.

Forbiddian

03-12-2012

Is this even written in English? I hardly understand what he's trying to say. Ban Kog'maw for a +/- 10% chance to win?

Phourc

03-12-2012

Kog isn't worth a ban, any carry can scale just as well or better, and Ezreal/Caitlyn/Vayne have much better chance of survival with their escape abilities. "Standing really far away" isn't exactly the best defensive strategy xP

My ban list:

Rammus/WW/Kassadin - straight, flat out OP.

Wukong/Poppy/Yorick - their ult can make life hell but not a permaban.

Shaco/Sion - cause I don't really want my teammates to play them xP

Zavy

03-12-2012

Quote:
Bonabon:
That's a terrible idea, but since it's Poppy she could probably get away with it in the right hands.
Really, all Poppy needs is Sheen, Boots of Mobility and Zeals/Phantom Dancers.
Anything else and you risk looking like a tryhard.

Berserker's Greaves > Mobility

Her W lets her run around so quickly with the greaves that she really doesn't need Boots of Mobility.

Sheen can be built to Zeals or Triforce depending on your opposition. I almost always graduate to Triforce before my Zeals.

Kierloway

03-12-2012

Don't forget about Urgot. He's a beast if played well bottom and he can tear apart a lot of bottoms that don't know how to play against him. He gives me trouble on casters, I just haven't had a lot of experience against him. I've seen him give us problems in games too when I'm not bot and we have to send people down bottom to gank him so he is kept in check.

Bobnot

03-12-2012

if you can get a team that can win early, don't bother banning Kog. I know that it takes a little bit for Kog to get strong. All I need is a bit of AS and Lifesteal and I am fine.

ActionButlerGO

03-12-2012

No Kassadin?

No Urgot?

No Yorick?

No deal, sir.