What is Rammus wasn't an option at all for dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

03-11-2012

By that I mean, you don't have to waste a ban on him, his character portrait is just greyed out. Same thing on blind pick.

Before you downvote and flame me, I want you to seriously ask yourself, would this hurt dominion overall in some way? If you honestly believe that it would, how?

DEFACT0

03-11-2012

deja vu thread

Ikarurob

03-11-2012

its a wierd line you draw.

Sr and TT players would want freeban champs.

Then somehow we as a playerbase have to come to a consensus about which champs need to be freebanned.

You can look no farther than GD to see the 100's of stupid threads made daily about what champs OP and the people that fall for the troll half agreeing and half calling them trolls.

why rammus? okay for X reasons Rammus is toxic. Okay freeban.

Now, two three minutes later.....people will start complaining about another champ for whatever reason. Okay free ban that champ......hey guess what, instead of learning to counter or pick something other than the top 15 champs, people just ask for freebans on every last champ. Yes, even Mundo who is quite hampered because of Doms debuff.

i guess the tl;didnt think about anything version is slippery slope.

Genericke

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarurob View Post
its a wierd line you draw.

Sr and TT players would want freeban champs.

Then somehow we as a playerbase have to come to a consensus about which champs need to be freebanned.

You can look no farther than GD to see the 100's of stupid threads made daily about what champs OP and the people that fall for the troll half agreeing and half calling them trolls.

why rammus? okay for X reasons Rammus is toxic. Okay freeban.

Now, two three minutes later.....people will start complaining about another champ for whatever reason. Okay free ban that champ......hey guess what, instead of learning to counter or pick something other than the top 15 champs, people just ask for freebans on every last champ. Yes, even Mundo who is quite hampered because of Doms debuff.

i guess the tl;didnt think about anything version is slippery slope.
I feel like an argument can be made for Rammus beyond "I think he's OP". If you look at statistics, you would see that Rammus has the highest W/L ratio of any champion on dominion (source . I also imagine if you look at who gets banned the most frequently, Rammus is banned the most often across all elos. http://www.leagueofstats.com/champio...NKED/all/fotm/

I feel like TT could also benefit from this sort of thing if they're also in the same situation with a champion who's far too powerful on the map (I think it's Trynd, but to be honest I have no clue as I don't play that map).

SR demanding this sort of thing I feel is less of an issue, because the game gets balanced around SR, so if someone is on permaban status, riot will often do something in an attempt to take them off of it, whereas no balance changes are being made for dominion champion wise. It could even be that you can pick Rammus in blind pick, so that way if the champion does get nerfed, people will notice and he can get taken off of free ban status.

Omfg Devin

03-12-2012

I think my w/l with rammus is like 13–2. He gets quite boring to play though

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Instead of using painkillers, why don't they target the cause of the pain, and add a hard movement speed cap, or do something about his powerball movement speed.

I personally think movement speed is because of boots of mobility... but people don't seem to agree....

Makestro

03-12-2012

Rammus isn't the only annoying champion in Dominion.

Whi

03-12-2012

Another OMG OP CHAM SHOULD BE REMOVED thread.

FDru

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
I feel like an argument can be made for Rammus beyond "I think he's OP". If you look at statistics, you would see that Rammus has the highest W/L ratio of any champion on dominion (source . I also imagine if you look at who gets banned the most frequently, Rammus is banned the most often across all elos. http://www.leagueofstats.com/champio...NKED/all/fotm/

I feel like TT could also benefit from this sort of thing if they're also in the same situation with a champion who's far too powerful on the map (I think it's Trynd, but to be honest I have no clue as I don't play that map).

SR demanding this sort of thing I feel is less of an issue, because the game gets balanced around SR, so if someone is on permaban status, riot will often do something in an attempt to take them off of it, whereas no balance changes are being made for dominion champion wise. It could even be that you can pick Rammus in blind pick, so that way if the champion does get nerfed, people will notice and he can get taken off of free ban status.
Too bad that site doesn't differentiate between blind and draft. Not that Rammus isn't good in draft... but if you see him on the other team you aren't going to pick several AD carries so he has a smaller chance of straight up dominating. Champs like Yorick can be (somewhat) counterpicked in draft. Also, WTF is Mundo doing over Ryze, Wukong, Urgot, Poppy, etc? lol

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

ArPen \ Mrpen + MResist

Bam, you countered Rammus