I need tips for fighting Kassadin mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ace the Elite

03-11-2012

Every time I get pitted against Kass, I get destroyed. My main mid champ is Karthus, and Kass will usually zone me far away from the creeps. If I go too close, he'll just throw the ball + pulse and push me out again. I can usually reach the creeps barely with my q's, though, and manage to keep getting some more cs. Until level 6, that is. Then Kass will just constantly teleport on me and nuke me, taking out half my health and forcing me to recall again. Obviously he'll quickly outlevel me and start to snowball out of control, and my teammates will bring on the onslaught of "noob mid fed gg"s.

So, any tips on how to beat Kass with Karthus? Or if I'm in ranked (and he somehow doesn't get banned) what's a good counterpick for him?

MrToasty

03-11-2012

The best counter pick for Kass is GP. He can orange away the silence, engage in melee, and harass with parrrrrley. I bought GP just to counter a Kass that doesnt get banned in ranked. Works great.

Cenerae

03-11-2012

Counterpick Kassadin by picking a good ranged AD champ (or Gangplank as already mentioned). Champs with heavy sustain or spammable shields (Riven, Irelia, Nasus, Yorick, etc) will also be effective in the lane, though some will be better at actually killing him than others.

He's a counter to AP champions so you can't honestly expect to beat him easily with them. At best you could pick someone like Morgana or Heimerdinger and hard push the lane to keep him too busy lasthitting to harrass you.

Caitlyn is probably the best champion you could pick to counter him, if you're dead set on making him suffer. Of course, to pick any AD champ at all for mid will elicit floods of tears from your team mates for not slavishly following the meta, so you'll have to be prepared to handle that.

ShameWoW

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Counterpick Kassadin by picking a good ranged AD champ (or Gangplank as already mentioned). Champs with heavy sustain or spammable shields (Riven, Irelia, Nasus, Yorick, etc) will also be effective in the lane, though some will be better at actually killing him than others.

He's a counter to AP champions so you can't honestly expect to beat him easily with them. At best you could pick someone like Morgana or Heimerdinger and hard push the lane to keep him too busy lasthitting to harrass you.

Caitlyn is probably the best champion you could pick to counter him, if you're dead set on making him suffer. Of course, to pick any AD champ at all for mid will elicit floods of tears from your team mates for not slavishly following the meta, so you'll have to be prepared to handle that.
This + Lanewick

Llanoraw

03-13-2012

I'm wondering if Galio would be good against Kass?

Cenerae

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanoraw View Post
I'm wondering if Galio would be good against Kass?
He can push the lane hard, and Kass probably won't be able to kill him. Other than that, though...

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

I love playing against a Kass that will zone you away from your creeps. That means you are under your tower so just pop out for a sec, let your jungle know, and Kass is ganked.

Gensai Kawakami

03-14-2012

First don`t choose a mage. Kass is AntiMage, with his MR passive. His combo q+e+w will hurt you, plus his rift to get closer you or escape from your spells.
Send him an AD mid, with sustain or ranged if possible. Cait is one of the best counters with her range.
Zone him. Don`t let him farm. An unfarmed kass is useless.
Call the mias every time u don`t see him. He is a great ganker from mid, and get easy kills with his combo, and you don`t want him to get fed.
You can play a tankier champion too. Galio works well, but a good morde would be better. Pushing, farming, don`t letting him farm. His shield absorbs his combo, and when he can throw it again, you will have full shield again.
I main kass and I hate morde mid. Try him!

FireBlade151

03-14-2012

A fantastic toon to learn and have in your arsenal is a good Talon. The two most banned mids are Morgana and Kass. Talon absolutely rapes them both. Early game your knives are going to out harass his orb. Especially if when you see him coming to cast at you, you blink to him (silencing him) then use w and after your first auto attack immediately q to reset the attack timer. That amount of spike damage will take him down to 1/2 depending on his / your runes and masteries. By level 3 - 5 if he or Morgana are still sticking around they'll be getting zoned and / or about to die at any second. Generally after the first trip back to base I will have boots and 2-3 dorans blades. The life and damage those give you early game let you tower dive and just generally make a mess of them. Once you get your ult you will be able to take them from full to dead in a split second. Another thing to note in regard to Morgana is that her spell shield basically does NOTHING for her against you. Your ult, w and q are physical damage, and even if she does happen to anticipate your teleport jump, you still jump to her.