Warding- Whose Responsibility?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

EVERYONES JOB IS TO WARD! _*MAYBE*_ Not the AD Carry, because they need to finish their build the fastest, but EVERYONE should be warding their area.

Outplay Nation

05-02-2012

it's the support job if the support doesnt ward he is almost useless

gvaness

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar23j2 View Post
it's the support job if the support doesnt ward he is almost useless
Part of the problem I've noticed in lower level games is that support gets no cash.

The team members have read that support should ward, so they yell for wards, but they never drop the dragon (or drop it once and call it good), and gold runes aren't available until teir 3. Makes for a *very* starved support character.

Personally, I buy wards in any role. I expect support to buy more, and jungler to buy a few extra, but I figure if everyone buys two every 10 minutes, it's only 150 gold each (less than a dragon kill) to add a ton of visibility.

abchiptop

05-02-2012

From time to time I'll finish my philo as a support without having planned for wards. My next 5 mins or so are boring as I sit in the river bush and camp for ganks, running out to heal my carry, but I maintain actual vision. You have to remember, g/5 items *are* a support's farm. Waiting to purchase them is like not last hitting any creeps for a wave or two while standing in lane. If you're a 0cs support, you'll do ok at lower levels if you have to buy one less ward for you to complete the item AS LONG AS you take the responsibility and still keep your carry safe.
By no means am I saying don't buy it, but if you're going to lose 5 or more minutes of a g/5 item, you might as well get it and wait at base until you can buy a ward, wait to B or ask your carry (who likely isn't last hitting the whole wave) for some CS

cosmologyy

05-02-2012

everyone.