hey could we add to the UI...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hékate

03-12-2012

I've had games where all enemies have higher KDA scores but we still win. It means nothing just like personal score means nothing, but at least personal score doesn't completely exclude supports/tanks. I'd take an Alistar holding down a point over a noob carry who has a high KDA but is never where I need them to be. I think a kill counter would just encourage that type of bad behavior.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post
Imo kills aren't as huge of a deal in Dominion. I only really ever kill to create opportunities to take points or to keep them, otherwise what is the point in killing?

A good example of what I mean is that I see people all the time chase after a low hp Poppy or something instead of capping a point, not seeming to realize that you don't even need to kill her. You only tried to kill her so you can cap the point, if she goes after you again then just kill her then, but since she'll die if she tries to stop you she's forced to b leaving the point open either way.

But I keep seeing that mistake being made even at 2100.
This. Kills give you what, 150g? In SR kills mean your opponent is out of action for a while. In Dominion, if you get someone low on life, they have to recall and wait to heal. This takes almost as long as just dying. So if you've spent 10 seconds chasing them for the kill, you've wasted your time. If two champs waste 20 seconds chasing someone around to kill him, the dead guy has done more for his team.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
This. Kills give you what, 150g? In SR kills mean your opponent is out of action for a while. In Dominion, if you get someone low on life, they have to recall and wait to heal. This takes almost as long as just dying. So if you've spent 10 seconds chasing them for the kill, you've wasted your time. If two champs waste 20 seconds chasing someone around to kill him, the dead guy has done more for his team.
I don't like the whole 'Dying isn't that significant' argument.

If average games are 15m and death takes 20s

Comparative to SR where games last 40m and death takes ~40s

Comparatively, death is equally taxing to a team.

And while chasing a kill that results in death of the chaser makes it a horrible decision, succeeding means often that that champion will die alone, marking a full 20s timer where you have a 4v5.

If you are chasing, you should be good at it (Fast). And after a kill, recalling and running back will take less than 20s.

Is it smart to chase? Not often.

But getting a kill is a significant contribution to a win.