Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

hey could we add to the UI...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzach

03-11-2012

a Kills vs Kills counter? please?

i know i know "lol but noob in dominion kills dont matter"

but they do... if you try to stop them capping a point, and delay it being taken for two seconds then just get murdered. you get points for that. if you do it over and over, you might even be first or second place! with your 2/11 score and "kills dont matter mentality" you have fed the enemy team TRUCKLOADS OF GOLD but a majority of players i see act like it doesnt matter because kills dont matter "noob stfu im in 2nd place!". if i see them capping a point and i know, hey i cant 3on1 and decide ok i wont fight that, i dont get points for that... but yet THAT IS BETTER TO INCREASE MY TEAMS CHANCE TO WIN

i need a way to tell my team HEY were falling behind in kills we REALLY need to play more defensively and stop being so wreckless.

another thing i would like

can i see my creep score before the end of the game please? because if your bottom lane, those creeps matter. if you out CS their bottom... that MATTERS thats GAME CHANGING. that can give you a 1-3k gold advantage. but instead i have to wait until the end of the game =( its hard to work on cs'ing when the only time i can check it is after game.

gold from kills matters =( and pretending like it doesnt matter by hiding it from the UI will just make players continue to do dumb stuff, feed the enemy team kills, then wonder why you guys cant cap a point =(

Panwar

03-11-2012

If you want an indication of how you are doing in game, look at the nexus scores and how many points you hold.

While kills matter, what matters more is where the kills were taken, and what they accomplished. Yes, kills give you a modicum of gold, but not so much that it's going to cause a shutout. I just won a game last night where all of our scores where 2-3 places below those of the loser team. Because my team pulled it's **** together figured out where we were going wrong and won. It's not that kills aren't important, but the lowering of denial as a component of the mode makes it one of the least important.

In fact in Dom it's not so much the gold, or denial(in other words item disparity) that is the important part of dying/killing, but rather that it is 1 less player on the field for your team or theirs.

As for CS counter there is no need for it. It's not that CS doesn't add gold to your pool, it's just that chasing CS is the least priority. If you are bot you are pushing the wave, not last hitting. Whatever CS you gather will come naturally from pushing. If you are top or roaming, sure you will push a wave now and then or just kill a wave if you have the proper aoe skill. But you take it as you get it. You shouldn't be chasing it as you would in SR.

Kiddalee

03-12-2012

Quote:
Panwar:
As for CS counter there is no need for it. It's not that CS doesn't add gold to your pool, it's just that chasing CS is the least priority. If you are bot you are pushing the wave, not last hitting. Whatever CS you gather will come naturally from pushing. If you are top or roaming, sure you will push a wave now and then or just kill a wave if you have the proper aoe skill. But you take it as you get it. You shouldn't be chasing it as you would in SR.

I disagree. You can push while last-hitting with certain champs. On auto-attackers, you can keep auto-attacking but switch constantly to whichever target is low enough to kill. On certain casters, you can time your spells to clear waves instantly. Last-hitting is not a choice all the time but it is possible.

Panwar

03-12-2012

Well I didn't say never last hit. I said getting CS is the last priority. There certainly shouldn't be a ui component indicating how well a person is playing Dominion by their CS.

Hugs From Momma

03-12-2012

I always wanted a post-game stats showing a kill "grid" where you can see who killed or assisted on whom.

Roundabout

03-12-2012

A post game map showing where kills took place and who died to who at that particular spot would also be really cool. Maybe break it in half to compensate for the amount of kills in certain high traffic areas, so two maps, one for the first half, one for the second half.

Kiddalee

03-12-2012

Quote:
Booty Swag:
A post game map showing where kills took place and who died to who at that particular spot would also be really cool. Maybe break it in half to compensate for the amount of kills in certain high traffic areas, so two maps, one for the first half, one for the second half.

At that point I'd just ask for replays.

iProbie

03-12-2012

kills still matter in dominion
but probably not as influential in SR due to small gold and xp advantage gap and shorter respawn times and lower bounties

kills can lead to plenty of things like capturing a point, stalling the enemy team from pushing or trying to take over a point, good defense, creating mind games on opponents, giving an estimate of your burst capabilities and even victory etc etc

I personally still use the k/d/a scores to compare the general performance of everyone in conjunction with the personal score system.
although they aren't perfect in many cases, these are what riot currently has to offer.

EMeta

03-12-2012

I don't know if it's the case in higher elo, but at my 1700-1750, the team with fewer kills wins about 40-45% of the time. There is a substantial difference in the players who play for points and those who play for kills. The latter is a drag for their team, even if they end up 12/8/9 or something.

BigDaddyDelish

03-12-2012

Imo kills aren't as huge of a deal in Dominion. I only really ever kill to create opportunities to take points or to keep them, otherwise what is the point in killing?

A good example of what I mean is that I see people all the time chase after a low hp Poppy or something instead of capping a point, not seeming to realize that you don't even need to kill her. You only tried to kill her so you can cap the point, if she goes after you again then just kill her then, but since she'll die if she tries to stop you she's forced to b leaving the point open either way.

But I keep seeing that mistake being made even at 2100.