Trundle on dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

03-11-2012

How is he? I feel like he'd be really good for being able to turn any tanky DPS champ into a squishy, while also have mobility, and his pillar can also probably cause a lot of mayhem.

Edit - first game with him went 14/4/14, 2nd place in score. He became terrifying late game, however early game he felt a bit underwhelming.

WHOTHEFKISDORAN

03-11-2012

Trundle is okay imo.

I like to build him support tanky. Debuff ennemies and buff allies is the way i play him.

I go Aegis and Zeke's and Atmas. I found out also that the new emblem of valor (name?) is very nice at lvl 3, giving armor and health regen aura for your team.

Shaxtenn

03-11-2012

He can be a beast, if you don't get kited. It's his main vulnerability. The wrong enemy team comp will have you tearing out your hair as you try to get into range to autoattack (Vayne, Kassadin, etc). If that isn't a problem - having the right ally champions, with some CC to lock people down and let you get into range - you can wreck faces.

Kiddalee

03-12-2012

I love putting a giant pile of **** in the enemy's way.
I love being able to go anywhere.
I love ganking bottom.
I love map sight.
I love stopping escapes.
I love eating people.
I love CDR.
I love spam.
I love protecting people.

I love Trundle!

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

I found TriForce Trundle working well for me. Going full AD or Atmogs didnt work so well somehow.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

I've been seeing him more and more in the low 1700's elo lately.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

What you said is basically spot on.

He's slower than a Riven, Panth, or Wukong in ramping his damage and tank, but once you're over that cusp he kind of becomes an unstoppable 1v1 killing machine with his unmatched speed, CC reduction, ultimate, and Q.

You can sit on anyone you want....hard.

Plus, his pillar is kind of ungodly.

What I usually did the brief period that I played him, standard tanky runes (arpen, armor, mr, arpen)

Started phage + Pots
Merc usually, Tabi or Ionian very situationally.
Grab a Chain Mail and/or Neg Cloak (sometimes cloak not needed with MR from merc and runes)

Trinity
Atmas
Zekes

Level R > Q > E > W

Pillar over Contaminate for CD and Slow.

Not sure if that's even close to the best, but it worked for me.

MMKH

03-12-2012

He's pretty terrible IMO, or at least I need to find out how to play him effectively. The only champ I can't seem to successfully troll with (the irony).

HowDoIMacro

03-12-2012

hes mid-high tier ( if u play him right)

if u have boots n ghost and are able to get to windmill fast,. a well placed pillar will block off the emeny team and give ur team 4-5 secs needed to cap top, can make/break a game

Geryth

03-12-2012

Trundle suffers from the ailments of Garen, Nocturne, Volibear, Xin Zhao, and Nasus (top lane Nasus), and that's either the lack of a solid gap closer or their gap closer is followed by soft CC and AA's and not bursty abilities. (Noc's ult is too long a CD to consider for skirmishes and in a lot of cases used to stop point captures).

They have speed increases and maybe a form of soft CC, but they are easily kited. The role of such bruisers is to get onto the squishies and blow them up. They are more of a sustained DPS type characters and generally can't stick on someone long enough to do their job, because popular team compositions consist of:

CC Bruiser protecting the carry CC's you on the way to the squishy. (Jarvan, Blitz, Alistar)
Some Squishies have a some form of CC to protect themselves with (Caitlyn traps, Vayne kick-back, Kog slow)
Most Squishies usually also have an anti-gap closing blink. (Caitlyn net, Vayne tumble, Ezreal Blink)

Once you blow your movement speed increase, soft CC or whatever else you have, it's usually not enough to stick to your target to kill them before they get away from you some how. This is why Pantheon, Wukong, Talon, Riven, Jax are typically better choices than the ones listed, they do higher burst with their gap closers and can kill their targets before they have a chance to escape whatever CC you put on them.

There's not enough pathing chokes in the main lanes or at points for Trundles pillar to work as "hard CC" by completely blocking them, and he doesn't have the burst in his kit to be able to take people down with AA's before they CC him and get away from him.