Solo Mid Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Histomen

03-17-2012

I'm wondering on the viability of Solo mid Janna in Summoners Rift. She's one of my most used champions and I play a Tanky Janna with Kages lucky pic (only upgrading it when it is my last item) for early dps boost for Zephyr harassment. Playing with her in general on mid is very difficult because I can't keep my lane sustained, however i feel like is in her power to do so, it is just my build and play style.
what is the communities thoughts on mid Janna and what is her controbution to the team for being at a higher lvl. My only thoughts on being a higher level only helps for Whirlwind/Zephyr/Ult traps when ganking the enemy if they over extend, however other than that I dont see great benefit from putting her solo mid.
Any thoughts/ feedback/ words/ flames any of you would like to toss at this?

Journeyboy

03-17-2012

I am not one to follow the current beta to a "T" so I often try new champions out in new situations, like a janna mid. The thing about janna is that it is her CC and team fight control that make her valuable not her damage. So she really doesn't need the gold or the levels. She also doesn't scale that well in dmg in comparison to other mids.

In terms of sustain, thats on of her problems even as a laning support. Thats why you may see a support janna with heal and voyance instead of Flash and voyance.

My only advice if you did want to mid janna is to either be very good with blocking with your shield, take teleport, and/or start with a sustain item (boots/3hp, regrowth/1hp, blue gem/2hp, meki/2hp) instead of a dorans ring

Spellthief

03-17-2012

The benefit of putting Janna mid is that she is the best lane pusher in the game. With the right amount of AP, a pre-charged tornado can clear a minion wave even faster than Sion. This means that you only need to be mid for 1 second out of every 30 seconds for full XP and gold. The other time is spent roaming.