nidalee and olaf unstoppable 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollesroyce

03-11-2012

hey just made a 3v3 team and we went 5-0 using the setup olaf (tanky ad) nidalee (tanky ad with black cleaver and rageblade wriggles etc... and either a morde and if banned or picked we go amumu. This setup is extremely strong for several reasons that i will point out.

1.How tanky the team is... nidalee is the weakest link in the chain, but with flash and some decent kiting its kinda hard 2 die, exhaust is taken on her for this reason too. You have heal (morde gets will of the ancients) combined with rage-blade and your heals become really effective. Olaf also uses the wota with his axe throw and reckless strikes.

2. Insane damage to high armor targets. Seriously when i say this, health is the only thing to keep you alive against this comp. let me show a scenario.

enemy team has a rammus and knows we are in bush, so they send him in first to "tank us". he eats a trap as he walks into the bush ---> 40% armor and magic pen on for all 3 of us. here is the broken part... unlike items such as last whisper, the 40% is applied before the flat reduction of the black cleaver... lets say he has about 100 armor... he now has 60... with black cleaver he is soon down to 15 armor, and with olafs passive on ult he can reduce another 30. plus after all that a 6 and 10% from talents. rammus effectivly has no armor, and on targets with around 60 armor are brought below 0 into negative... black cleave is the only item that can do this. Even if rammus was to build 200 armor, we run an ignite and have reckless swing plus magic dmg so we can still instant kill him.

3. comp synergy here is amazing, although every class is melee, it is actually hard to kite this team comp as olaf has a immune to stun/slow ult, frozen mallet, nidalee has pounce and usually speed jungle buffs.

4. instant kill potential, olafs dmg is front loaded, meaning he is bursty with cooldowns, same with morde... nidalee is different relying on people to be under half hp to do good damage. So once cooldowns are popped by olaf and morde nidalees dmg is vastly increased, meaning ganks are easy, and even without a stun people rarely get away.

5. mordes ult is op. can be used to kill towers even with no minions, +nids heal means crazy fast tower kills.

6. extremely early dragon potential with 2x wriggles.

for how tanky this team is to put out so much damage... this team is ridiculous, especially since everyone runs with champs like lee sin and riven... we have been banning trynd shen and sion... i haven't decided on any other bans yet if enemy bans them. i think ad carry cleave a yorick vayne combo would be strong against us although we would have a huge advantage early game. we have also found that nid and olaf are very rarely banned so its not like one of those hypothetical comps u never get 2 play cause of bans etc. try it and post your thoughts

Calipup

03-11-2012

The first about 5 games are so incredibly easy though. My team didn't lose one turret in any of those games.

As long as you have competent players that kind of know the map, the games will be a breeze.

Yefo

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipup View Post
The first about 5 games are so incredibly easy though. My team didn't lose one turret in any of those games.

As long as you have competent players that kind of know the map, the games will be a breeze.
This is basically true.

Once in a while you will encounter a high level team smurfing another team up the ladder, but most of the time it's scrubs who waste their bans on Morde, Xin, and Jax, leaving Singed, Riven, Lee, Trynd, and Rumble wide open with no intention of picking them lol.

fazisi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

wota + reckless swing? Am I missing something here?

Prefix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post
This is basically true.

Once in a while you will encounter a high level team smurfing another team up the ladder, but most of the time it's scrubs who waste their bans on Morde, Xin, and Jax, leaving Singed, Riven, Lee, Trynd, and Rumble wide open with no intention of picking them lol.

Morde and Jax more threat to me then Singed/Trynd.

I would always ban Shaco+Sion (or shaco + olaf)

krone6

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerz297 View Post
Morde and Jax more threat to me then Singed/Trynd.

I would always ban Shaco+Sion (or shaco + olaf)
Trynd's way worse than shaco. Shaco's much easier to kill, since you can actually use cc on him. If we could use stuns on trynd and stop him from ulting it'd be different, but he's STUNNED yet can still use his ult. By that logic every champ should be able to use their ult while stunned.

Koldheartedjsp

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Trynd's way worse than shaco. Shaco's much easier to kill, since you can actually use cc on him. If we could use stuns on trynd and stop him from ulting it'd be different, but he's STUNNED yet can still use his ult. By that logic every champ should be able to use their ult while stunned.
i don't think I've ever read anything more retarded on the forums than this statement

owait yes i have I've heard this multiple times

Prefix

Master Recruiter

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
i don't think I've ever read anything more retarded on the forums than this statement

owait yes i have I've heard this multiple times
lol so true

Whizzard

03-12-2012

Am i the only one that noticed that your team comp has no hard cc at all, and at most a low slow skill shot?

Rollesroyce

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windkin View Post
Am i the only one that noticed that your team comp has no hard cc at all, and at most a low slow skill shot?
We played tonight and it was very apparent vs a team with a nunu, it was so hard to finish off kills. Multiple times people would get away with 10% hp. We vsed this team 3 times and could not touch them... so we figured our morde should swap to nunu. i have started building more dmg to make up for the nunu's supportive role even though he goes heavy ap... the comp seems much more consistent, i dont think it is as strong vs some comps but when we get a chance to get a kill we can actually can get it. I get tones of attack speed with the frenzy/heal/jungle/black cleaver/bloodrazor combo and it seems like the enemy team almost have to focus me... which is good because its almost impossible to actually sit on me with melee. And nunu is scary when left untouched with his ult. End of the day we came out 3 win 3 loss's but gained rating and learned alot. I think this comp is actually more fun to play and has a higher skill cap because you are not just spamming dmg on the kill target, and its alot less frusterating.