Looking for a Jungler to Try Out..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D4rkSt0rm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

In ranked I'm really struggling to bring up like elo (floating at like 1300), and since most people tend to be pretty poor with jungling and its one of the roles that needs the most work with, I really want to pick up a jungler main. I used to "main" nocturne, but for me his late game fell off too hard.

Can anyone suggest a good jungler for me to practice that is easy to learn but hard to master? Lee Sin I plan on learning down the road (feels too weak and I feel like I need more jungling experience)...

parnellyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

Trundle.. Troll your way to victory

Ribdot

03-11-2012

If ur looking for off tanks similar to a atmogs nocturne build u can try lee sin and gangplank and trundle

I personally prefer champions i can build straight tank with. Maokai and Skarner come to mind

Lots of other champs can jungle well too. Shyvanna Udyr Warwick Jax Tryndamere... Maybe even some unconventional jungler like singed or renekton

The list goes on and on. Basically comes down to which style of jungler u wanna play

defleppardruelz

03-11-2012

ww, udyr, trundle, lee sin all really good jungles. i see all of them as easy to learn but hard to master. some others i enjoy playing are nocturne, jax, dr mundo, and olaf.

Modresko

03-12-2012

Lee sin imo :3 but up to yoo realleh

Devious Rogue

03-12-2012

Warwick or Udyr. Read some guides and hop to it. Although Warwick makes you a bit predictable.

Kirielis

03-12-2012

Alistar.

RavenMagus

03-12-2012

Olaf.

Clears super fast, does tons of damage, super fun to play. You can't go wrong with Olaf.

(Well, okay, you can go wrong, but he's hilarious fun anyways.)

Lee Sin is excellent but hard to master, as you said.

Toralt

03-12-2012

I find most tanky jungles to be quite effective while having an easy time jungling, they may not have the fastest end all be all jungle clears but they do it well enough and really help your team out.

Maokai- I picked up jungling him when he was free and loved him ever since. Throw a bunch of saplings at 1:25 on blue and enjoy, arcane smash whenever it's up and the heal on your passive is okay sustain. Your ganks can be brutal with twitsed advance snare and arcane smash knock up + red buff. Afterwards your ult has decent mitigation as well.

Rammus- Okay... Nuff said but really he's great in jungle as well. You have good armor, good speed, the minions kill themselves, it's great. That and you can always be relevant to a fight thanks to that awesome taunt. Fairly consistant damage where as maokai depends more on your aim for the sapling and your team.

Skarner- You hit Q, every time it comes up. You have a move speed/AS steriod to close gaps and those slippery champs that like to weasel their way back to tower start to cry a bit on the inside when you snag them and hang a free food sign around their neck for your team.

These guys generally work really well with a gold per 5 or two and are wonderful for feeding kills to your team mates in lane. Your ganks tend to be fairly brutal because each of them has at least one gap closer and one natural slow or lock up regardless of red buff. There's not much tricky or tough about them in jungle and I picked them up within the first game or two doing very well.

Only problem, people like banning rammus T.T but you'll rarely see the tree and skarner isn't picked quite as much lately after his mana nerf but i went back to play test him in a few games and he's still very viable and with a philo stone and 1st blue, you don't notice it too much.

Windcaler

03-12-2012

Trundle is my favorite jungler because he has great sustain, he has awesome ganks, and he's an amazing counter jungler. I highly recommend him

Olaf is probably my second favorite jungler. He has his ranged slow making his ganks on single opponents pretty strong and once you get some hp on him he can tower dive to get those kills pretty easily. The best part is probably his ultimate. Problem is he's really weak against certain champions

Sejuani is another one Ive had a lot of success with. She has pretty good ganks but is really weak against champions that can kite her. Volibear's like that too but I dont think Voli is as good as ganking as Sejuani

Nautilus is another one Ive played some of and had some success but I should stress I havnt done that in PVP, just bot games. From what I experienced his Dredge line, riptide, and passive were great ganking tools and his depth charge was even better for getting that flashing champion. Problem is he's slower then most champions and hes pretty easy to counter jungle. Still he might be worth a try

Lee Sin also gets used a lot. I personally dont care for him all that much but Ive seen some good Lee players tear up their opponents pretty fast

Warwick has a lot of sustain but his ganks are pretty weak, usually relying on his ultimate. A lot of people use him for their first jungler but I find him to be pretty weak at the role unless you counter jungle almost all the time

Malphite is one of those junglers that I dont see a lot but a good Malphite player will stomp their opposition.