Lane trundle build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Entrox Licher

03-11-2012

You see I'm a big fan of taking common junglers and making good lane builds with them. Trundle was my latest project. I had seen him a bunch in the iem and thought i should try him out....i bought him....pwnage ensued. I never thought he would be so good and powerful. So i came up with a killer build for him:

You start with a dorans shield. gives him nice early sustain.

Next up would be merc treads. He has a natural resistance to ccs and combine that with tenacity and contaminate and all incoming slows snares or stuns last like.5 seconds.

After this you begin building the infamous(at its infamous for the other team) FRATMOGS! You start it off with the fastest warmogs you can get. seriously it is very important to farm just for this. You can even put off merc treads with just boots of speed if you think you can risk it. The earlier you get this, the more useful it will be.

You continue your fratmogs build with an atmas impaler. This a great item as it scales off health, that with warmogs is plentiful. This combined with your bite will help your ad quite a bit.

Now you could go ahead and finish fratmogs now but personally i like to get something that helps trundle a bit more at this stage: a guardian angel. This item may suck if your being chased as they just wait for you. But if your like trundle, whose main function is to dive in, deal tons of damage, and leave, leaving your team to pick off leftovers. This is a good item in case they manage to burst you, your team will protect you as you respawn. (Also if you have not yet sold your shield, now is the time to do it)

Again, here you could finish your fratmogs but i usually get zeal to speed you up a bit as most everyone else has better as stats than him at this point. But if you need sustain more than damage, than you could grab a giants belt or phage.

Now the time has come. FRATMOGS SHALL BE COMPLETED! To finish uo your fantastic fratmogs, you get the final element: a Frozen Mallet. This shall complete the very nice and compatible fratmog trio.

Now for a personal element. All of these items have been pretty standard. But for the last item we have a phantom dancer to finish up that zeal.

This is my personal lane trundle build which i have found very effective. I want to hear feedback though. What do you think? Any tips? How did this build go for you? Please tell me your opinions as this is my first thread

Kensai07

03-11-2012

Overall the build seems good, but it seems like the game would have to last... forever?
Boots + GA + Atma + Atmog + Frozen Mallet + Phantom Dancer?
Seems like a pretty expensive build.

With lane trundle (which I very much enjoy, and am still learning) I usually build::
Boots + Lantern asap (for early sustain and MR+Defense is nice for early skirmishes if any occur) From there I build Mallet and Impaler.. then a GA. I've never had a game last long enough for much after that (If it takes that long), but I would probably finish it with phantom.

Powerstoned

03-11-2012

Lane Trundle needs berzerkers and a triforce early.

Kensai07

03-11-2012

Really? (I'm wanting to have a discussion here, not an argument) I almost feel as though I should have more defense as trundle. Am I going in to soon? (Usually in teamfights I'm built tanky so that I can disrupt carries, even if not directly damaging them I can chase them around to keep them off other people

Powerstoned

03-11-2012

Yes, because sheen is super awesome on trundle, it procs even on the bite.

Your contaminate zone already gives you plently of CC reduction, and if you have just berzerker's and sheen as your first two items, you'll be melting anyone early game inside that contaminate zone. Ninja Tabi's and Mercs aren't necessarily a bad choice, but just playing with bezerkers within your contaminate zone and you'll be hitting super fast, super early.

After I get a triforce, I definitely go more defensive if I have to, but if not, i get as much AD as possible.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

Basically, you want to go Boots -> Wriggles -> Phage, then either 1 or 2:

1 - if your team doesn't really need a primary tank (e.g. jungler is tanky or Galio mid) -> go Triforce.
2 - if your team is lacking in tanks -> Frozen mallet (then into Atmas or whatever).

Foodhi

03-12-2012

I don't see how you can rush a warmog without getting a wriggles first. Trundle has no natural sustain so it seems like he would eventually get pushed out of lane before his opponent.

Entrox Licher

03-12-2012

I'm seeing a lot of feedback so thank you guys. in response to some of the doubts:

This is the ideal late game build for trundle so it would take some time to build, it is not likely to be your build in every single one of your games if they are too short

Also wriggles and trinity force are both very viable items for trundle, but i find that this general combination of items covers any downsides from excluding these.

One thing i found odd is Foodhi, and some others implied, saying trundle has no or little natural sustain. Personally he is one of the champs i have found with the BEST sustain especially early on, and the shield/ armor+pots helps him along

Another thing is that trundle has good natural defense and these items are focused on getting that up early on, then decimating with AD and AS. Trundle's main function (in my humble opinion) is massive disruption and decimation so what you need to do is get some nice maneuverability with CC reduction and defense for sustain, but he needs to be able to deal that tons of damage and get out safely

Hope i answered some doubts but please keep posting i like to discuss this further (and yes discuss not argue)