Garen solo top counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiabolicMc

03-11-2012

Who are the best counters to Garen solo top? And who are some champs to stay away from?

GhostDonkeys

03-11-2012

Try teemo, keep poking at him and don't let his passive activate.

Ramas Jonith

03-11-2012

to defeat garen up top i would recommend a quick ranged champion like teemo, sivir, or ashe even. someone who can kite him, is fast enough to stay away from his Q, and preferably ones with some kind of cc ability (or ult stopper in sivir's case).

For melee champions i would suggest alistar for his resilience in battle and his great CC plus the heal.

Garen relies on cutting down his opponents health until it reaches around the 1/4th mark, then insta killing with his ult. Anyone who can cc him for easy hits or escapes should be well enough to beat him.

Avoid using supporty tanks and straight dps melee champs, Garen's ult feeds off of enemies missing health and tanks are usually hardest hit by it, tanks that are more damage based may be ok. (nautilus or rammus for example); and garen is tanky enough to survive a one on one with people going hard AD melee most of the time.

Deathfairy

03-12-2012

1) Some range heroes, requirements, long range, speed buff, slow.
So teemo, cait, MF ashe, ken w/e they all work well you just have to be careful and any jungle with slow/disable can make your life hell since if Garen does reach you are dead. But over all you should be able to outfarm him by alot.

2) GP, slow orange, speed boost, range poke (with slow)

3) Panth, spear poke, and his passive lets him stand and fight you.

4) yorik, Ya well because he is yorik he beats everyone (well almost)

5) Malph, but you need some early help to get enough armor.

6) WW again once he farms up enough armor he wins

Lord Tian

03-20-2012

I recommend building defense if your fighting mainly just him for the first half of the game. As long as you can outfarm him and shrug off his damage, your in good shape for your teamfight. Unfortunately, due to how bulky he is, he's surprisingly hard to gank unless you have like 2 forms of cc, so just out farm him. Most will hide in the bush waiting for you to mess up so stay clear of it.

CSking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

just farm till mid-late game, garen will be useless then

Strikerfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

I recommend someone with sustain, like Shen, cho, maokai, or yorick. They all have ranged harass and a way to heal. Just make sure you're fast. if you have trouble managing mana go with Shen.

VanityFish

03-21-2012

i used renekton vs garen and was successful.
you just gotta play very cautious, ward vs jungler and harass him enough to make him back off and heal while farming and using Q to heal. building armor and defensive runes/masteries makes things easier.

SuperCheapJoe

03-21-2012

As a Garen player, this thread is making me warm and fuzzy.

brendonwang

08-12-2012

obviously swain