Are all flat AD runes good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dittrazull

03-11-2012

I don't have many runes and im level 28 so my friend to me to get all flat ad rune because thats how the proffesional gamers do it. Is that good or is he lieing?

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

The new masteries with +6 armor pen and +10% armor pen make flat ad marks and quints a solid choice.

Dittrazull

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post
The new masteries with +6 armor pen and +10% armor pen make flat ad marks and quints a solid choice.
Sounds good, thanks for helping me out

Soldrart

03-11-2012

I love them, (yes, I play akali) with the armor pen from masteries, they are solid for a lot of champs. (some more than others though)

Dittrazull

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldrart View Post
I love them, (yes, I play akali) with the armor pen from masteries, they are solid for a lot of champs. (some more than others though)
Which champions are they better for?

Sena

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

I think some people did the number crunching and found that taking a mix of AD + armor pen runes scaled the best. But I think it depends on your style as well, since having max AD right off lets you CS so much easier. I personally run flat AD marks and quints with the armor pen masteries and like it.

cpandarun

03-11-2012

ad marks are better for champs with high ad ratios. Champs like Irelia Riven Talon Cait get a substantial damage boost because they have favorable ratios. I don't know all the champs with good ad ratios but they receive the biggest benefit early game with extra ad over armor pen.

Sena

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post
ad marks are better for champs with high ad ratios. Champs like Irelia Riven Talon Cait get a substantial damage boost because they have favorable ratios. I don't know all the champs with good ad ratios but they receive the biggest benefit early game with extra ad over armor pen.
Actually on Riven I run 10 armor pen 8.9 AD and I find this to be better.

Directw

03-11-2012

all flat ad runes are only good for ad range champs.
Meele champs are better with some defense runes.

However, I use armor pen for reds and purples, armor for yellow, and mr per level for blue. With mastery, I can do close to true damage at early game on champs without defense runes/items. The downside is last hit on creeps is harder.

By the way, I am testing a new set runes for ad range:
Red: AS
Purple: Armor Pen
Yellow: Armor
Blue: MR per level

I found this set is better for harass/last hit

ShameWoW

03-11-2012

After the mastery rework yeah flat ad red/quints became standard on ranged ad's but Something thats been seen over at hannover just recently is flat ad reds with vamp quints, for more sustain in lane. Chaox of TSM started using it after seeing someone form M5 run it. Might be the new rage. Also no, the pros have been taking all ad red and quints only, flat armor seals is standard to mitigate the enemy ad range's damage, along with mres per lvl blues for a lil more survive late game. but than theirs always those vamps to consider :O Also i'm assuming your talking about the ad ranged roll, if your not than no those runes probably wont be best..