Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unpopular Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMSOJUICY

03-11-2012

Lee sin. Most fun champ

Huniz

03-11-2012

I've played TF, basically you become a stun bot for your team. Goes decent damage, but he is more of a utility champ with his stun/slow and his teleport.

A Sah Shi

03-11-2012

I'm partial to Maokai myself. He's an amazing bot laner in Dominion. He's a really strong character just not terribly popular for some reason. At least it seems that way to me.

Just start with a Catalyst and a health pot and be aggressive in lane and they won't be able to get rid of you without calling for help. Never lost bot lane with him. =)

Ascleph

03-11-2012

Mao is actually quite popular

Shaxtenn

03-11-2012

Quote:
Huniz:
I've played TF, basically you become a stun bot for your team. Goes decent damage, but he is more of a utility champ with his stun/slow and his teleport.

AD TF is quite decent. Having a stun on so short a cooldown on a ranged AD is a big asset. Just don't fall into the trap of building attack speed and no damage, thinking it will complement Stacked Deck. Wit's End is a good item on him, but I've found it's better to pick up after an Infinity Edge.

AP TF I have trouble playing well. It's all about the Wild Cards, with their huge range and spammably low cooldown, and picking the right card (read: gold card) under pressure.

His ultimate is tricky. I've found it's better to use it less often, and more cautiously. Pick your fights, and never willingly ult into a bad situation. I've had so many experiences ulting into a situation where I thought I'd do something clever, with a gold card ready, and getting wrecked, where it would have been better for me to just wait for my team and walk in.

Both builds suffer from the problem most mages and ranged ADs experience on Dominion: bruisers punish them brutally if they get into range.

Some less popular champions I like on Dominion: Amumu (great AP ratios), Blitzcrank (OP knockups), Ashe, Corki (this guy is nuts), Ezreal, Gragas, Janna (great against heavy pushers in bot lane), Jarvan IV (more or less equally as OP as Wukong), Lux, and Orianna (people say she sucks now: she doesn't).

Geryth

03-11-2012

Unpopular champs that would probably perform very well I think would be:

Mundo
Galio
Corki
Trundle
Cho'gath.

Edit: In fact, the more I think about Corki, the more I can't think of why he isn't used more often. He's basically an EZ with more up front burst without a global ult, and probably equal skill caps. And they cost the same. Maybe it's because he can't poke poke poke until 6?

A Sah Shi

03-11-2012

Quote:
Ascleph:
Mao is actually quite popular

Really? Huh. I'm the only one I ever see playing him. Maybe I just don't Dominion enough...

CommodoreSkippy

03-11-2012

Quote:
A Sah Shi:
Really? Huh. I'm the only one I ever see playing him. Maybe I just don't Dominion enough...

I too rarely see anyone but myself play Maokai, but from reading the forums and such it definitely seems like we're not alone.
(Shucks, for awhile I felt like I had all his awesomeness to myself)

Galio definitely performs well
I keep trying to make Orianna work
Taric can be garbage, but I've played against at least one that was alarmingly effective.
I feel like I see Rumble far less than I should, considering his effectiveness.

Ikarurob

03-11-2012

i vote for Swain. If I was slightly better, and by slightly i mean better than just smashing my face into a keyboard, I think hed be a pretty decent Bot laner.

but I suck even though Northern Front Swain is the only swain.

Huniz

03-11-2012

Quote:
Shaxtenn:
AD TF is quite decent. Having a stun on so short a cooldown on a ranged AD is a big asset. Just don't fall into the trap of building attack speed and no damage, thinking it will complement Stacked Deck. Wit's End is a good item on him, but I've found it's better to pick up after an Infinity Edge...

Both builds suffer from the problem most mages and ranged ADs experience on Dominion: bruisers punish them brutally if they get into range...

I've tried building fratmas on him, you get a good amount of health and some AD, but still fall victim to bruisers.